Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server."

Damien29
Aspirant

"Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server."

I have upgraded two of my ReadyNAS104 devices to 6.6.0 and can't get either of them to join to my MyNETGEAR account.

I have factory reset both of them, added the Google DNS addresses, turned off remote management on my firewall router (as that also uses port 443), and torn out most of my hair.

Is there something else that I could try?

RN104 4x3Tb

RN104 2x3Tb

RN102 2x2Tb

RNDv2 2x2Tb

NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS336G

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server."

One of your units has a bad disk.

The ReadyCLOUD user must not share the same email address as a local user. Did you configure some local users to have the same email address?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server."

ReadyCLOUD doesn't require port forwarding and if you do port forward it wouldn't be port 443.

Do the 13-digit serial numbers show up correctly for these NAS units? Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 11
Damien29
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. I've sent through the logs by PM.

One unit was bought new and registered on MyNETGEAR and the other was bought second hand and already registered to someone else.

Looking at the logs, there are some messages that might be a clue:

System: Local user account […] was renamed to […38a2] due to the conflict with added ReadyCLOUD user […].

System: Local user account […] was renamed to […9d37] due to the conflict with added ReadyCLOUD user […].

System: Local user account […] was renamed to […51b3] due to the conflict with added ReadyCLOUD user […].

Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

One of your units has a bad disk.

The ReadyCLOUD user must not share the same email address as a local user. Did you configure some local users to have the same email address?

Message 4 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

it seems the name of your local user is the same as your old ReadyCLOUD account,once you registered ReadyCLOUD with migrated SSO account,ReadyOS will rename local user due to name conflict reason,I'm not sure why you are still unable to register ReadyCLOUD in 6.6 even you have already added Google DNS,have you tried to register other SSO account? 

Message 5 of 11
Damien29
Aspirant

Thank you both - success!

I created a new ReadyCLOUD account with a different email address to my MyNETGEAR account and was able to add both RN104s to it.

Mind you, I'm now the proud owner of two "Single Sign On" MyNETGEAR accounts, one account - 12189303 - with all of my products registered to it (apart from the one that I bought secondhand), and one - 34214231 - brand new account...

(In relation to the bad disk, I added a fourth 3TB disk to my RN104 about 20 hours ago. I've seen a couple of information messages about high reallocated sector count, but no warnings or errors so far. The RN104 is currently showing "Reshape data 54.46%". I was planning to wait another 20 hours until it completed 'reshaping' before deciding whether I'd bought a faulty disk. Should I give up now?)

Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What are the SMART stats for that disk?

Message 7 of 11
Damien29
Aspirant

It's not reporting through SMART yet and I'm afraid I don't know a way around that. Hovering over the disk on "Volumes" gives:

Disk stats.png

Message 8 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's a disk model with very high failure rates.

Message 9 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you replace the bad disk? I would suggest getting a different disk model if possible e.g. the WD RED or SeaGate NAS.

Message 10 of 11
Damien29
Aspirant

Actually, it's worse than that - the stress of three successive factory resets took out another disk (that had been running with no errors for about eighteen months) as well.

Still, there will be more room for air to circulate in the enclosure until I can justify another attempt to move it from two to four drives!

Thanks for enquiring.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements