Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ready nas 104 volume inactve for dead

stuarty211
Follower

ready nas 104 volume inactve for dead

i have a ready nas system and today it has just stopped working after a restart. i have lost everything i get the error. remove inactive volumes to use the disk. what do i do?

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@stuarty211

Welcome to the Community!

There might have been a disk failure or the RAID got out of sync upon restart. You can send the logs through sharing link and PM it to me if you can still get it so we can check.

It also would be best if you contact Support for assistance on getting your NAS back. You can login to my.netgear.com and create a case. You might be charge for Support if you are out of Support warranty or if the NAS needs Data recovery.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@stuarty211

Thank you for sending the logs.

There's a possibility that the RAID got out of sync due to the volume capacity getting to less than 5% and ATA Errors found on Disk 2.

It would be best if you contact Paid Support so you can get assisted. You may need to have a disk ready as replacement.

You can login to my.netgear.com and create a case.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable using SSH community members might be able to help. Using recovery software like ReCLAIMe can help you recover your data on your disks then do a Factory reset on the NAS.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements