Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

redaynas 104 readynas boot from USB failed! / Debug:telnet ipaddress

Amzeus76
Initiate

redaynas 104 readynas boot from USB failed! / Debug:telnet ipaddress

So the error i had seems to have been common the basic error 
Boot from USB Failed!

I did some reading and found some people trying to recover from the USB recovery stick
this gave me the error
Debug: telnet

I tried poking around via telnet (be careful if you not sure what your doing) to see if i could find anything causing the issue but everything looked fine
Decided as it was out of warranty by a long away to open it up and check the reset switch and the others to see if there was anything there.
Whilst checking the PCBs i noticed a CR2032 battery (cmos), though heck whats the worse that happens changing it for a fresh one.

took it out, checked in on tester and battery was flat. popped new one in and rebooted. and after finishing booting and getting it fully working,
i thought id post my finding here as it may help others, i never even thought about Cmos battery till i opened it up and it fixed my version of the issue could be it works for other people too!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: redaynas 104 readynas boot from USB failed! / Debug:telnet ipaddress

@Amzeus76 

Thank you for sharing your resolution on resolving the Boot from USB failed error on boot up. The resolution will surely help the community and users who experience the same issue/scenario. However, if their NAS is under warranty, it would be best to contact support for assistance to prevent voiding it.

The usual resolution for this issue is to perform USB Boot recovery on the NAS due to a failed firmware upgrade.

Many thanks!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements