Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: redycloud almost unaccessible after migratione

Damia
Guide

redycloud almost unaccessible after migratione

redycloud is inaccessible thru redycloud portal users cant access shares it states that ,,currently you have no registered devices''

its realy hard not to look at this as total flop very badly handled migration my staff can go home as i deal with redynas who needs work !

and i cant delate this user on redycloud to try to remake account  

wery hard not to get angry

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Damia,

The ReadyCloud after migration needs 6.5.0, so updating to the latest FW is needed.

All ReadyCloud invited users need to upgrade their accounts too.

Please see ReadyCLOUD to MyNETGEAR Single Sign-On FAQ

As a last resort you can unregister your main ReadyCloud account from the admin page and sign in using your MyNETGEAR account.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I assume you updated the firmware to 6.5.0. Which firmware did you update from?

All your users need to migrate their ReadyCLOUD accounts to MyNETGEAR accounts. Have they done this?

See How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I do not have a MyNETGEAR.com account? – http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30598

and How do I upgrade my ReadyCLOUD account if I have a MyNETGEAR.com account? – http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30599

Message 2 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Damia,

The ReadyCloud after migration needs 6.5.0, so updating to the latest FW is needed.

All ReadyCloud invited users need to upgrade their accounts too.

Please see ReadyCLOUD to MyNETGEAR Single Sign-On FAQ

As a last resort you can unregister your main ReadyCloud account from the admin page and sign in using your MyNETGEAR account.

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Damia
Guide

I have menage to do it finaly but there was several issues on the way including confirmation email

And considering that lots of bussines use redynas monday morning its not the best time to rool out mandatory upgrade considering nobady known the exact date of this upgrade and there was no time  to do this in normal way ,meaning giving people  week or so to jpgrade during downtime.

Thx for the help.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 4 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Damia,

I'm glad it works now. I understand the difficulty and frustration and I apologize, I had to also test it at my end to see what is happening as I am seeing other users too getting the same problem. 

Please feel free to post any questions, comments or suggestions. We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
VarkGripper
Aspirant

Model is correct as stated on the Overview page. I have the same problem.. The update here was very confusing. Emails telling me it was coming and the next think I get is a new ReadtCloud on my phone and as soon as I opened my Admin page on my ReadNas 202 it came up with an Upgrade message, which I followed. I then removed my link to the old Ready Cloud but when trying to open MyNetgear I am advise that my system may be misconfigered. Only after ready these postings does it now say you should leave the old Ready Cloud BEFORE updating.

The instructions could have been a lot clearer.

Message 6 of 8
ECPCRepair
Aspirant

My client fired the person that originaly set up his ReadyNAS and now has no access to ReadyCloud.  The NAS was reset to factory with out unregistering first.  Is there a way to unregister now?

Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You shouldn't leave the old ReadyCLOUD before upgrading. It should update automatically when you migrate to the new MyNETGEAR accounts.

Leaving the old ReadyCLOUD is a last resort if all else fails. You would lose your ReadyCLOUD permissions doing that.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements