× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amazon Cloud Drive - Sync completes when there is still more data to copy

Powlie
Aspirant

Amazon Cloud Drive - Sync completes when there is still more data to copy

Hi All

I have recently configured a new Amazon Cloud Sync task on my RN102 using software 6.6.0. This was really easy to set up with no errors.

I set up a sync job which was due to synch approximately 140Gb of images and short videos that we have taken on various holidays. The sync ran for approximately a couple of days and synced something like 60Gb of data and then said it was complete. I tried hitting sync again and nothing else was copied. The only way I could get the job to restart was to untick the share that was being synced, click the sync button then go back in, tick it again and hit sync again. The job then started again and then stopped at something like 100Gb. I had to repeat this process about 4-5 times before the whole share was synced correctly. As it stands I have no confidence in this addin and that my data is actually going to be kept up to data and in sync as I add more images to the share.

There were no errors in the Amazon sync log and the system sync has no errors for over a month - the last being that I was at less than 30% free capacity, which has since been resolved.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

I am loathed to continue my free 3 month trial of Amazon Cloud storage if I can not have confidence the job is going to do what it is supposed to.

Cheers,

Message 1 of 5
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive - Sync completes when there is still more data to copy

Hi Powlie,

I apologize about your experience with the sync process. Lets hope that someone from the community can provide some feedback as well.

I am in the process of inquiring this as well since I have no way to create an Amazon account for replication.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Powlie,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Powlie
Aspirant

Hi JennC

Thanks for the message but this is not revolved. Nobody has replied with anything useful I am afraid

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Powlie,

Would you be able provide us with the logs every time it stops? Maybe we can have someone from our group check it.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements