× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Application dissapeared from ReadyNAS "Installed Apps" after 6.8 or 6.8.1

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Application dissapeared from ReadyNAS "Installed Apps" after 6.8 or 6.8.1

Hi, i have teamspeak server at my ReadyNAS running. Since version 6.8 upgrade or 6.8.1 upgrade, teamspeak icon dissapeared from frontend of "Installed apps". Could you help?

I have checked:

- teamspeak 3 server is running fine and it is accepting connections

- i have been able to remove and readd the service with "systemctl disable teamspeak3.service" and then using commands

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl start teamspeak3.service
systemctl enable teamspeak3.service
touch /apps/teamspeak3/.localapp

- so teamspeak3.service is running fine and its control is also working ok. also service autostart is working with readynas reboot.

- i have deleted and recreated .localapp file using command "touch /apps/teamspeak3/.localapp" with no success

- i have currently 2 installed apps. the other app is displaying its icon ok. teamspeak3 is not.

teamspeak3.service

[Unit]
Description=Teamspeak 3
After=apache2.service

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/apps/teamspeak3
ExecStart=/apps/teamspeak3/ts3server_startscript.sh start
Type=forking
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target 

config.xml

<Application resource-id="teamspeak3"><!-- 'resource-id' must be AppName -->
  <Category>APP_CAT_MEDIA</Category>
  <Name>TeamSpeak 3</Name><!-- Any desciptive name, upto 48 chars -->
  <Author>TeamSpeak Systems</Author><!-- Authers name. upto 48 chars -->
  <Version>1.0.0</Version><!-- Version -->
  <MinFirmwareVer>6.1.3</MinFirmwareVer>
  <RequireReboot>0</RequireReboot><!-- If non-zero, it indicate reboot is required. -->
  <ConfigURL></ConfigURL><!-- 'localhost' will be replaced by framework JS. -->
  <LaunchURL>http://localhost/</LaunchURL><!-- 'localhost' will be replaced by framework JS. -->
  <ReservePort>9987</ReservePort>
  <DebianPackage>teamspeak3</DebianPackage>
  <ServiceName>teamspeak3.service</ServiceName><!-- If start/stop need to start/stop service, specify service name -->
  <Description lang="en-us">TeamSpeak 3</Description>
</Application> 

Message 1 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello soundguy1,

There was an issue raise that after upgrading the firmware to 6.8.0 where apps installed where no longer on the list of installed apps but the issue was address on firmware version 6.8.1. If your NAS is already running on the latest firmware please try to reboot it and try accessing the admin page using different browser and computer for isolation. If the problem persist there is a possibility that the app is not yet compatible with the latest firmware, you may want to check with the developer of the app.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello soundguy1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Marty_M,

The current state is, that I have 2 custom apps compatible with ReadyNAS 6.8.1 (that i have installed). Apps were installed using SSH and unpacking files into appropriate folders. Both apps are running ok and working ok including their services. Apps setup is normally accessible via web browser.

The problem is, that i do not see the second app in "Installed Apps". So i cannot restart or turn off and on again application's service.

I see only 1 of 2 custom applications there. As it is shown in the image attached to a first post for this topic.

I am no developer, so i have copied config.xml using some guides from these forums (one for each app).

Maybe.. problem could be.. that both files have no <AppID> tag inside, only <CategoryName>. Is it mandatory tag?

Config.xml for teamspeak (the missing application in installed apps) is included into a first post. Pls look.

Message 4 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello soundguy1,

It is possible that the version of the app is not yet compatible with the ReadyNAS OS6 firmware version. In any case that the app is not yet compatible with the new firmware, it is the developer that should update their app and submit it to Netgear.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello soundguy1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements