× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apps by NAStools

jhagg
Luminary

NASTools, I sent you a PM about a project request a few weeks back if you can check it and get back to me, thanks.

Message 51 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Hi, everyone!  It's been a while and I've been busy!  Just wanted to post and give some updates as to what I've been up to.

Logitech Media Server

Logitech didn't include armel libraries for Perl v5.20 that comes in ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0.  Working on an updated package for the ARM units.

netdata

There's an update available from the Firehol team (v1.4.0).  In progress.

ZoneMinder

Some of its dependencies aren't available in 6.6.0.  I'm testing an updated package and should be able to post it tomorrow.

Emby

Now that 6.6.0 is out I've started working on this one.  That should make @kevcompton happy. Robot Happy

Home Assistant

I needed something to control all the IoT stuff taking over my house, so why not run it on my NAS?  Package is in the works.

ZeroTier

I'm really digging this VPN solution.  The Linux client is CLI only so I'm working on a web UI that interacts with the client's API, and packing it up nicely for ReadyNAS (of course).

Message 52 of 129
jhagg
Luminary

NasTools, these are all great additions to the ReadyNAS app availability, things have been looking pretty bleak in that department, so thank you.

Any chance of getting us an NZBGet package for OS 6.6.0?

Message 53 of 129
kevcompton
Apprentice

That's great news. If you need anyone to test Emby then please let me know.

Message 54 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@jhagg wrote:

NasTools, these are all great additions to the ReadyNAS app availability, things have been looking pretty bleak in that department, so thank you.

Any chance of getting us an NZBGet package for OS 6.6.0?

Looks like @Mhynlo is working on this one.

https://github.com/Mhynlo/readynas-nzbget

@kevcompton wrote:

That's great news. If you need anyone to test Emby then please let me know.

I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I have something! Robot Happy Thanks!

Message 55 of 129
Sandshark
Sensei

ZeroTier does sound intriguing.  If I'm reading their documentation right, it would allow access to a ReadyNAS, including backup jobs between locations, via the VPN but not route all traffic through it (unless that's your desire).  Let me know if you need any testers, as I have one NAS I use for such things.

In the meantime, a guide to manually installing it would be appreciated.  The CLI doesn't scare me, but it's unclear to me from only their site what I need to install to assure I have all dependancies.

Message 56 of 129
jhagg
Luminary

Mhynlo started packaging NZBGet for 6.6.0 but has since gone dark on it or I wouldn't have bothered you with it, currently there is no solution in place.

Message 57 of 129
jaredbidlow
Aspirant

I found this guide: https://www.andrewmunsell.com/blog/remote-access-to-readynas-zerotier-one/
I would also like the dedicated app compatible with ARM Readynas devices
Message 58 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, NasTools...

Since the firmware has upgraded to 6.6.0 the zoneminder NT cannot install. Do you have upgrade package or the solution for this issue.

Thank you

Obrigado...

Message 59 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@Sandshark wrote:

ZeroTier does sound intriguing.  If I'm reading their documentation right, it would allow access to a ReadyNAS, including backup jobs between locations, via the VPN but not route all traffic through it (unless that's your desire).  Let me know if you need any testers, as I have one NAS I use for such things.

In the meantime, a guide to manually installing it would be appreciated.  The CLI doesn't scare me, but it's unclear to me from only their site what I need to install to assure I have all dependancies.

@jaredbidlow wrote:

I found this guide: https://www.andrewmunsell.com/blog/remote-access-to-readynas-zerotier-one/
I would also like the dedicated app compatible with ARM Readynas devices

Still working on the web frontend for it, but since there's interest I'll put out a CLI only package first.

@jhagg wrote:

Mhynlo started packaging NZBGet for 6.6.0 but has since gone dark on it or I wouldn't have bothered you with it, currently there is no solution in place.

I talked to @Mhynlo, he's just putting the finishing touches on it. Robot Happy

@ghidin wrote:

Since the firmware has upgraded to 6.6.0 the zoneminder NT cannot install. Do you have upgrade package or the solution for this issue.

Yes I do!  I'll have @siigna update my original post.  New version for 6.6.0 is v1.30.0-nt2.

Message 60 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Looks like Bjango put out a new version of iStat. Here's a server package for ReadyNAS!

Message 61 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Message 62 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

Alright everyone, new release of Logitech Media Server.  I messed up my versioning (there's a story there), so I've thrown out and recreated my git repository.

The "initial (re)release" is v7.9.0~1477086729-nt1.  I'm now pulling from Logitech's slimserver nightlies rather than straight from their git repo.

This one works on x86 and ARM platforms, minimum firmware is 6.6.0 (if you haven't upgraded firmware yet, might want to look into it Robot wink).

Once this version is in the app site, some versions won't prompt for upgrade, so you'll have to upgrade manually:

7.7.5-nt1 will offer an upgrade.

7.9.0.b7dfc80-nt1 and nt2 will not offer an upgrade.

7.9.0~20160617.858e1e0-nt1 will not offer an upgrade.

Message 63 of 129
jaredbidlow
Aspirant

what is the advantage of LMS over Plex? Should I install LMS if I already use Plex? Does LMS serve music better than Plex and also support Chromecast audio?
Message 64 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@jaredbidlow wrote:
what is the advantage of LMS over Plex? Should I install LMS if I already use Plex? Does LMS serve music better than Plex and also support Chromecast audio?

I can't comment on which is better, but LMS is definitely what you want to use if you have any Squeezebox type devices.

It does look like somebody is supporting Chromecast Audio via an LMS plugin.  I'll look into this!

Message 65 of 129
Space-Fire
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for the iStat deb file I don't think I would have had the skills to build it from the dev file. I have installed it and it works great however...

Please could you walk me through changing the password.

I don't appear to have a an /apps directory on my ready nas. where is the dir im looking for sorry if my question seems a stupid question.

• Default password is 12345.  This can be changed by modifying server_code in /apps/nastools-istat/etc/istatserver/istatserver.conf.

Thanks,

JJ

Message 66 of 129
Space-Fire
Aspirant

Derp... I was missing the ls -a command to list hidden files ... lol nm I got this 

Message 67 of 129
grimloch
Aspirant

I tried installing nastools-istatserver_3.0-nt1_amd64.deb on my ReadyNAS Pro running 6.5.0 and get the error "Cannot install application nastools-istatserver_3.0-nt1_amd64.deb".  I did uninstall the old istat.

Message 68 of 129
NAStools
Luminary

@grimloch wrote:

I tried installing nastools-istatserver_3.0-nt1_amd64.deb on my ReadyNAS Pro running 6.5.0 and get the error "Cannot install application nastools-istatserver_3.0-nt1_amd64.deb".  I did uninstall the old istat.

Minimum firmware for my iStat package is 6.6.0.

Message 69 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, everone!

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem with zoneminder. I've tried many version and none of them work.

Someone can help me? thankyou.

Message 70 of 129
StephenB
Guru

@ghidin wrote:

Hi, everone!

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem with zoneminder. I've tried many version and none of them work.

So what NAS do you have and what firmware is it running?

Message 71 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have RN 314 with the firmware 6.6.0. I tried install many versions,

1.30.0-nt1_amd64 

1.30.0-nt2_amd64 

dbg_1.30.0-nt1_amd64

dbg_1.30.0-nt1_amd64

dbg_1.30.0.RC2-nt1_amd64

Message 72 of 129
StephenB
Guru

@ghidin wrote:

I have RN 314 with the firmware 6.6.0. I tried install many versions,

1.30.0-nt1_amd64 

1.30.0-nt2_amd64 

dbg_1.30.0-nt1_amd64

dbg_1.30.0-nt1_amd64

dbg_1.30.0.RC2-nt1_amd64

Did you try nastools-istatserver_3.0-nt1_amd64.deb from https://github.com/NAStools/istatserver/releases ?

Message 73 of 129
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm newer with NAS and I don't have any knowlege about IOS or linux.

I bought the NAS few months ago to use in a small company. I'm using the zoneminder with 4 ip cameras, but when the firmware change to 6.6.0 I started to have problems.

Message 74 of 129
grimloch
Aspirant

Installed 6.6.0 and istat server is working great with bjango app.

Excited to try zerotier once the web interface is ready!
Message 75 of 129
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements