× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up to ReadyNAS Vault some files/folders are not backed up

ismaeljk
Tutor

Backing up to ReadyNAS Vault some files/folders are not backed up

We have a backup from a ReadyNAS 524X running firmware 6.9.3 backing up to a ReadyNAS Vault.

On some of the backups, when new folders are created but not all, files in those folders are not backed-up.  In ReadyNAS Vault the folders are present, but they are empty, even though in the REadyNAS there are files in the folders.  

Adding a file or folder one level above the folder backs up perfectly, but when those same files or folders are moved into the folder that is not backing up, they do not appear.  There are no exceptions in the back-up settings.  This only happens with some folders and it seems to be random where it does and where it does not happen.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ismaeljk
Tutor

Re: Backing up to ReadyNAS Vault some files/folders are not backed up

What worked in the end was upgrading the vault software running on the ReadyNAS - see this article.

But beware, when I upgraded the ReadyNAS OS, it seemed to overwrite the update, and I had to update it again.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Of course that should work.

I am wondering if you tried resetting the file ownership and permissions on the share?  That should reset permissions recursively, which might solve the problem.

Message 2 of 8

Hello @ismaeljk ,

Thank you for posting this question.

Please contact us directly at support@readynasvault.com to open a support request. This is our official support channel and one of our technicians will be able to better assist you in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
ismaeljk
Tutor

Thanks Stephen,  

Unfortunately that did not work...

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@ismaeljk wrote:

Unfortunately that did not work...

Did you email support@readynasvault.com ???

Message 5 of 8
ismaeljk
Tutor

Yes, when we have a resolution I will post it...

Message 6 of 8
ismaeljk
Tutor

What worked in the end was upgrading the vault software running on the ReadyNAS - see this article.

But beware, when I upgraded the ReadyNAS OS, it seemed to overwrite the update, and I had to update it again.

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

As mentioned by @ismaeljk , the solution for his issue was to update the ReadyNAS Vault app to the latest version. Detailed instructions on how to update the software are available on this link.

If any other users experience issues, please make sure to update the software and feel free to contact us at support@readynasvault.com. When contacting us, please include the email address associated to your ReadyNAS Vault account so we can locate your account in the system and better assist you.

Best,

ReadyNAS Vault team.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements