× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up to Wasabi from ReadyNAS 316

tiborszabo
Star

Backing up to Wasabi from ReadyNAS 316

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a ReadyNAS 316 backing up to Wasabi in a stable fashion.

It's been a bit of a struggle as I just discovered that the NAS only syncs, and therefore always propagates file deletions on the NAS up to Wasabi.

Even if I use an Immutable Bucket on Wasabi (which is supposed to prevent deletions according to compliance rules), the NAS somehow overrides this if I delete a file on it, and the file is subsequently deleted on Wasabi.

This really defeats the purpose of Wasabi as a cloud backup solution.

Is there any further development of the Wasabi sync / backup app on ReadyNAS in the near future which will remedy this, and allow the user to specify NOT to propagate deletions to Wasabi?

Looking forward to any replies 🙂

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backing up to Wasabi from ReadyNAS 316

Hi tiborszabo,

I also tried setting up an immutable bucket on Wasabi and sync it to the NAS. It behaves as it should be on my end. The files are retained on the Wasabi bucket when I delete the files on the NAS.

May I know the current firmware of your NAS? May I also know the sync direction configured?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backing up to Wasabi from ReadyNAS 316

Hi tiborszabo,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements