× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup PC Folders not Syncing, No Green Check Mark

mvachon
Tutor

Backup PC Folders not Syncing, No Green Check Mark

I have a Windows 10 PC with the desktop app and i am backing up My Documents, My Music, My Pictures & My Videos to the RN314, Running Firmware 6.10.4, Hotfix 1 (I am aware there is a new version, and will update later today). I started each of my backup folders by downloading the desktop ReadyCloud app and clicking "Backup PC Folder" and then repeating this for each of the above mentioned folders by locating the folder manually throughthe PC, Drive D:, users etc section.

It indexes, backs up, etc, everything is fine.  Shares on the ReadyNAS are created and are the correct size.  Then after a few weeks, the synced folders lose their little green "syncronized" checkmark in the desktop app.  Usually this happens for all the folders eventually, but is persistent for my "large" 

Currently, the desktop app still shows those folders, but they are no longer syncing.  If I put a new folder into My Music for example, it doesn't sync to the NAS.  If i try to click "Backup PC Folder" and select My Music again, then it creates a new folder called "My Music 2" on the readynas.  Not what i want.  If I go to the ReadyNAS and manually delete the original My Music folder and sync the desktop app, then it disappears and I can rebuild a new backup folder.  Fine, but then I'm hanging it out there without an active backup folder.  I would prefer to just force the app or the NAS to sync again. 

So I cannot appear to restart sync for these folders that have become "unsynced".  How do i manually force a "resync" once these folders lose their little green checkmark?

Note:  I am loosely using the term sync here.  I just want a one-way backup from PC to the NAS, not a true sync both ways.

Thanks!

MJV

Model: RN314
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Backup PC Folders not Syncing, No Green Check Mark

I assume by "the desktop app" you mean ReadyCloud.

I can't help you with ReadyCloud, but I hope I'm not to late to warn you to NOT update the OS to 6.10.5.  Many users are having a big issue with it.  And while many more are not, it's not a risk you should take at this time.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements