× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Beta Tester Wanted (new Windows app for ReadyNAS)

emoacht
Aspirant

Re: Beta Tester Wanted (new Windows app for ReadyNAS)

And Fans... probably I should change the order of Fans depending of CPU or SYS.

I posted a further test version. It will make the Fan for CPU at the top if multiple Fans exist.
Message 51 of 65
whc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this app, great to be able to turn on the readynas remotely. Though it does not seems to support os6, can only turn on, not turn off or reboot, and no status of fan and ect in the trey popup menu.
Message 52 of 65
emoacht
Aspirant

Hi, whc. Thanks for the report.

If you don't mind, could you paste the response of RAIDar Protocol from Raw response box of Scan Dialog (IP Address and Mac Address are not needed)? It might help me to adapt to the new format of the response.
Message 53 of 65
whc
Aspirant
Aspirant

emoacht wrote:
Hi, whc. Thanks for the report.

If you don't mind, could you paste the response of RAIDar Protocol from Raw response box of Scan Dialog (IP Address and Mac Address are not needed)? It might help me to adapt to the new format of the response.

How to do that? maybe a little guide :)?
Message 54 of 65
emoacht
Aspirant

Okay whc,

Click "Tool" in tool bar of main window -> Click "Scan" to open "Scan" dialog -> Click "Scan ReadyNAS in LAN". The ReadyNAS system will be shown in the list below -> Check "Show raw response". A textbox will open at the bottom -> Raw response from the system will be there and so copy and paste it to the forum. Please note, 1st line of the response will be MAC Address of the system and 3rd line will be IP Address. So clip them if you wish.
Message 55 of 65
whc
Aspirant
Aspirant

emoacht wrote:
Okay whc,

Click "Tool" in tool bar of main window -> Click "Scan" to open "Scan" dialog -> Click "Scan ReadyNAS in LAN". The ReadyNAS system will be shown in the list below -> Check "Show raw response". A textbox will open at the bottom -> Raw response from the system will be there and so copy and paste it to the forum. Please note, 1st line of the response will be MAC Address of the system and 3rd line will be IP Address. So clip them if you wish.

Thanks for the guide, here is the data:

NAS

model!!0!!mode=pro::descr=ReadyNAS 316::arch=x86
ReadyNASOS!!version=6.1.5,time=1386892237,arch=x86_64

NAS

NAS

Message 56 of 65
emoacht
Aspirant

Thanks! whc.

Well, unfortunately the response seems not to include so much information which can be made use of. Hmm...
Okay, so I decided to release new verison which includes improvements so far. Now ver 0.9.8 is available.
Message 57 of 65
whc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed latest version, thanks for your work.

Though on 316 running 6.1.5 still not able to turn off the nas, and no system info in trey. WOL works fine though.
Message 58 of 65
ReadyAS
Aspirant

emoacht wrote:
Thanks! whc.

Well, unfortunately the response seems not to include so much information which can be made use of. Hmm...
[...]

In my NasHerder 0.9.8 is the same poor result:

MAC
NAS
IP
model!!0!!mode=pro::descr=ReadyNAS Ultra 4::arch=x86
ReadyNASOS!!version=6.1.6,time=1389750453,arch=x86_64

Is there any way to ask NAS with OS6 for more parameters?
As you can see I have installed OS 6.1.6 on ReadyNAS Ultra 4.
Message 59 of 65
doylmi
Guide

@ emoacht - You can control OS 6 through FrontView as well. The general idea is to send an HTTP POST request to https://IP_ADDRESS/dbbroker. The body of the request is an XML document. For example, if this was a bash shell script the following would work (replace USER, PASSWORD and IP_ADDRESS):

Shutdown:
curl -u USER:PASSWORD -k "https://IP_ADDRESS/dbbroker" \                                                          
-H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" \
--data "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><xs:nml dst=\"nas_herder\" src=\"nas\" xmlns:xs=\"http://www.netgear.com/protocol/transaction/NMLSchema-0.9\" xmlns=\"urn:netgear:nas:readynasd\"><xs:transaction id=\"njl_id_2\"><xs:custom id=\"njl_id_1\" resource-id=\"Shutdown\" resource-type=\"System\" name=\"Halt\"><Shutdown fsck=\"false\" halt=\"true\"/></xs:custom></xs:transaction></xs:nml>"

Reboot:
curl -u USER:PASSWORD -k "https://IP_ADDRESS/dbbroker" \                                                          
-H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" \
--data "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><xs:nml dst=\"nas_herder\" src=\"nas\" xmlns:xs=\"http://www.netgear.com/protocol/transaction/NMLSchema-0.9\" xmlns=\"urn:netgear:nas:readynasd\"><xs:transaction id=\"njl_id_2\"><xs:custom id=\"njl_id_1\" resource-id=\"Shutdown\" resource-type=\"System\" name=\"Halt\"><Shutdown fsck=\"false\" halt=\"false\"/></xs:custom></xs:transaction></xs:nml>"
Message 60 of 65
davemath2001
Aspirant

Hello, I just installed the utility in my windows 7 machine and I love it. Kudos to the designer.

I have a humble request; I would love to be able to see the disk space used / disk space available ( in absolute value ). The iMac applet utility for monitoring the Readynas displays that information. When the volume of the ReadyNas is getting full you can monitor it better ( as opposed to a % value ) to avoid saturating the Nas.

That would be a nice improvement IMHO to the already awesome utility that it is.

--------------------------------------
(Edited for correction)
Message 61 of 65
StephenB
Guru

I think you mean disk space used/available, not memory???
Message 62 of 65
davemath2001
Aspirant

Sorry :oops: , I meant to say disk space.

Like an indication of: '(absolute number) Gb disk space used / (absolute number) Gb total disk space'.

It would come handy for users with big NAS volumes, such as 10 Terabytes or more.

For example; '10215 Gb used / 10240 Gb capacity' : where the total volume capacity would be 10240 Gb, and 10215 Gb would be space used so far.
Message 63 of 65
StephenB
Guru

I agree it would be helpful to have disk space used/free in byte units (not percent).
Message 64 of 65
CarlosDelgado
Aspirant

HI I

Would love to be apart of the Beta Test Team, I just downloaded your software and tried it on a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ V2 and so far it powers on the NAS but will not power off, tell me what info you need to help trouble shoot the problem ??

Thanks
Message 65 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements