× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I install both drupal 6 & 7 in subfolders of public_html on shared hosting?

angelinrose
Follower

Can I install both drupal 6 & 7 in subfolders of public_html on shared hosting?

Hi friends!

I have a shared hosting account with Hostforlife.eu, and currently have maybe 6 or 7 drupal 6 sites installed there. Drupal 6 is installed in the public_html folder. I have a couple of Drupal 6 sites running in an multisite arrangement.

I would like to move most of the sites to drupal 7, but one or two cannot because of themes etc.Can someone point me to a document that lays out how to install drupal 6 and 7 in subfolders of public_html, or explain how it can be done?

I was told recently that you can't have both versions of drupal running multisite under public_html. So, I am willing to give up multisite. I don't know enough to be sure that this is so, but multisite may be more trouble than it's worth for the few sites I have.Is it true? Thanks it advance!

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I install both drupal 6 & 7 in subfolders of public_html on shared hosting?

Hi angelinrose,

What specific ReadyNAS model are you using and the current firmware version of it?

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements