× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access my ReadyNAS NV+ shares after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

pbutler6
Follower

Can't access my ReadyNAS NV+ shares after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

I have been using my ReadyNAS NV+ for several years as a storage device for my backup system (Retrospect). I just did a complete reset/upgrade to Windowa 10 v 1903.  Suddenly I can't reach my ReadyNAS for my backup software.  I can see the ReadyNAS as a storage device on Windows Explorer, but when I right click and try to 'View the device webpage' I get an error message 'No such interface supported' for https://192.168.1.19/admin/.

I have set RAIDar to allow both Public and Private connections through Windows Defender Firewall (my only firewall).  RAIDar 6.5 does not find my device.  If I just login through my browser (Chrome) at 192.168.1.19 I get a log in screen, but then I only get a 'Shares' page (192.168.1.19/shares/) on the ReadyNAS FrontView console. It first says 'Loading Shares directory', but then chages to 'No shares currently accessible'.  If I try to login to 192.168.1.19/backup I get an error message 'You don't have permission to access /backup/ on this server'.

I can log in to my ReadyNas FrontView at 192.168.1.19/admin. I first get a 'certificate authority shows invalid' error, but can bypass this by using the 'Advanced' button and can get to the normal ReadlyNAS FrontView screen. But I still can't access any of the files stored on my ReadyNAS.

How do I restore access to my files stored on my ReadyNAS NV+?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access my ReadyNAS NV+ shares after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

@pbutler6

Welcome to the Community!

Windows 10 and update have removed support for SMB1 which the ReadyNAS NV+ is using. You can still enable it though,

You may want to check this link for reference and guide. A lot of users have done this already and gained access back to their Shares.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access my ReadyNAS NV+ shares after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

@pbutler6

Welcome to the Community!

Windows 10 and update have removed support for SMB1 which the ReadyNAS NV+ is using. You can still enable it though,

You may want to check this link for reference and guide. A lot of users have done this already and gained access back to their Shares.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements