× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get ReadyNAS 212 working with ReadyNAS Vault

Mystprism
Follower

Can't get ReadyNAS 212 working with ReadyNAS Vault

Running a ReadyNAS 212 on Firmware 6.10.2 (latest). I had it set up with ReadyNAS vault to do continuous backups. That suddenly stopped working (files "last modified" date just stayed the same). I copied all the files to a local drive, deleted the backup, turned off vault, and turned it on again. Then I logged back in through the 212.

Now I go to Vault > Backup Settings > Manage Backups and from the dropdown choose "NAMEOFMYNAS" and I get a banner that says "No Backup Config. Please install the client application on the device."

I have no idea how to install the client application on the device. It's turned on under the "Cloud" tab. There's no app for Vault in the "Apps" tab. Some help documentation shows a vault tab under the "Backup" tab but that is not the case for the 212 on 6.10.2. Any help would be much appreciated.

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
KimReadyNAS
Aspirant

Re: Can't get ReadyNAS 212 working with ReadyNAS Vault

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I think you need to contact the vault support team.  https://support.readynasvault.com/hc/en-us

Message 2 of 10

Hi @Mystprism -

We would be happy to help you diagnose and resolve the issue.  In order to track it and get members of our team who aren't participants in this forum engaged, can you please send an email to use at support@readynasvault.com.  This will create a ticket that we can use to track the issue and allow us to privately ask you account specific questions.

Once we get it resolved for you, we can circle back and update this forum thread so others can see the result can benefit others who might run into a similar issue.

Looking forward to helping you get the Vault back up and running...

Message 3 of 10
BeckSys
Aspirant

Hello,

I've got the same problem.

I have a ReadyNas 312 Firmware 6.10.2.

I have enabled the ReadyNas Vault and connected it with my account,

then clicked on the "ReadyNas Vault" and tried to install a backup job.

After that I got the error message: No Backup Config. Please install the client application on the device.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Andre

Sorry for my English

Message 4 of 10
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BeckSys,

It will best if you contact ReadyNAS Vault Support team directly. You should be able to contact them by visiting this link.

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
KimReadyNAS
Aspirant

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. Like you, I saw an illustration online of a VAULT tab under the BACKUP tab of the NAS, but it is not there on my NAS even after I login to the Vault under the CLOUD tab.

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@KimReadyNAS wrote:

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. Like you, I saw an illustration online of a VAULT tab under the BACKUP tab of the NAS, but it is not there on my NAS even after I login to the Vault under the CLOUD tab.

Use @JohnCM_S' link to contact the vault support team.

Message 7 of 10

Hi - sorry about the delay - we just got wind of this thread.

Please do either use the link or just write to us at support@readynasvault.com.  The inbound email will automatically create a trackable ticket.

At a high level, we just need to help you update to the latest version of the Vault software.  From the device, all you need to do is login, which will register a new device or authenticate and connet an existing one.  Then all configuration can be done via the web at https://vault.readynasvault.com/.

Please be sure to include the email address of your Vault account if you already have one.

Thanks - and looking forward to getting this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Best,

ReadyNAS Vault Team

Message 8 of 10
KimReadyNAS
Aspirant

Thanks - updating the Vault software on the NAS using this link has resolved this:

https://support.readynasvault.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001208183-How-to-Manually-Update-the-Vault-in...

Message 9 of 10

Very glad to hear that and thank you for posting the link.  (you beat us to it)

The Vault team is working with the core ReadyNAS team to try to get the correct version included with the firmware by default so we can avoid this extra step.  We will update the community once this is accomplished.  In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us to get the issue resolved.

Thanks again,

ReadyNAS Vault Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements