× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot install ReadyCloud on any of my Mac's (current readycloud version)

Osmium
Guide

Cannot install ReadyCloud on any of my Mac's (current readycloud version)

The current application for Readycloud gives a error when installing.
Older versions for readycloud v1.6 and v1.7 seem to work fine. 

i got this Issue now on multiple macs where i download the latest version here: 
https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads
This issue is on the following mac's
> macOS Big Sur version 11.4 - Macbook pro 15 inch 2017
> macOS Monetery version 12.1 - Macbook Air 13 inch early 2015
> macOS Monetery version 12.1.1 Macbook Pro 13 inch m1 2020

With Windows you provide older versions of Readycloud but i cannot find any for macOS.
Please provide older versions of Readycloud application for macOS so i can test them to see if i can get it working again.

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Osmium

Welcome to the Community!

A case has been opened already and they are looking on this issue. Unfortunately, only the recent versions are available on the download site.

HTH

Message 2 of 14
Osmium
Guide

hi Marc,

Thanks for looking in to this.

I also contact a few people i know and let them try to install Readycloud for mac. They all run into the same issue where installation doesnt complete and comes with this same warning message.

i hope this can help with the scope of the issue. 
Let me know if i can try anything.

Message 3 of 14
Osmium
Guide

Any progress on fixing this? I talked to 7 other creators and everyone seems to have the same issue with the latest version.

I am almost at the point of buying a other brand nass so i can connect my mac normaly again.
Message 4 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@Osmium wrote:
Any progress on fixing this? I talked to 7 other creators and everyone seems to have the same issue with the latest version.

I am almost at the point of buying a other brand nass so i can connect my mac normaly again.

tagging @Marc_V 

Message 5 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

@Osmium wrote:

Are you accessing it remotely?  I don't consider ReadyCloud to be "normal access", SMB is.

While I agree Netgear needs to fix this, have you looked at ZeroTier?  That's my remote access solution, and it does not rely on Netgear.

Message 6 of 14
Tommo71
Aspirant

@Marc_V  Sorry to be such a pain, but I'm also having the same problem, do you know when a fix will be available??

Hope you can help.

Message 7 of 14
Osmium
Guide

I have 2 tickets open about this topic asking if i can have a older version of readycloud for mac.

So far they let me know they are working on this issue.

They seem to not want me to have a older version of ready cloud.

And yes i got 2 mac's running on v1.6 and v1.7 but i dont have the installation file of this older ReadyCloud 

My other 3 mac's and a few other people i know try to install the newest version of ReadyCloud. That one seems to not go futher then Installation Failed. 

i am sorry to let you all know this issue is already more then 3 weeks and so far no fix 

Message 8 of 14
Tommo71
Aspirant

Can this not be rolled back to the previous version on the download site please?

If I'd rolled out software that didn't work to my users I'd at least have a rollback plan.

Please can this be escalated as a matter of urgency?

Message 9 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try to install this pkg? Please let me know if it successfully installs.

HTH

Message 10 of 14
Tommo71
Aspirant

Unable to run due to Apple not being able to scan the .pkg for malicious code.

Message 11 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This link may help. You have to override your security settings.

Message 12 of 14
Osmium
Guide

Still nothing works for M1 macs or M2 macs.

Older macs with the intel based seem to do fine. 

Disconnected only now happens on m1 or m2 macs. we have this issue now for months and we are prepairing to leave netgear because the company i work for is pulling the plugs because it becomes to annoying. i got around 2 more weeks for a fix or we are buying other hardware somewhere else.

I would not like to move away from netgear but there seems no other options...

Message 13 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

My suggestion is to dump ReadyCloud, not ReadyNAS, at least in the short term.  A VPN is much more appropriate for a business, and has a lot of advantages for personal use as well.  I personally use ZeroTier, which is not a traditional VPON.  IN many ways, it's like ReadyCloud except not integrated into the OS.  It must be installed on each NAS and user computer and basically gives each a "universal IP" you can use for access like you are local.  It doesn't open your entire network to a VPN user like a traditional VPN (which may or may not be your desire).  A more traditional VPN like OpenVPN is typically better installed in your router than the NAS.  Unlike ReadyCloud, this solution also supports remote back-up (just by using the NAS ZeroTier IP instead of a local one in a standard backup job)

I never have used ReadyCloud.  When ReadyNAS Remote was removed, I went to a traditional VPN.  And some time later I discovered ZeroTier and migrated to it.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements