× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log into ReadyNAS Surveillance

Stretched
Aspirant

Cannot log into ReadyNAS Surveillance

Hi, I installed ReadyNAS Surveillance a few days ago on my RN312 (before I had a camera to try) and logged into it to see if it worked. It seemed fine and it notified me that a trial period was starting which was fine. As i didn't have the camera yet I closed the page.

My camera arrived today so I logged back in and now it shows a message saying "Trial period countdown (day): 19" and as soon as I click ok it then displays a message "You have been idle for more than 10 minutes. The system has loged you out." It does this every time I log in no matter how much I try. I have removed and reinstalled the app, restarted the NAS and changed versions (listed below).

I cannot access the GUI at all as it immediately logs me out so I cannot change any settings or log out.

I intended on trying it out, purchasing a license and more cameras if it did what I needed.

ReadyNAS Model: RN312

ReadyNAS Firmware: 6.8.0 (just upgraded from 6.7.4 with the same issues)

ReadyNAS Surveillance versions tried: 1.4.3-15 (on ReadyNAS Firmware 6.8.0) & 1.4.3-16 (on ReadyNAS Firmwares 6.7.4 & 6.8.0)

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Re: Cannot log into ReadyNAS Surveillance

Updated to 1.4.3-17 today and experiencing the same issues.

Message 2 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stretched,

Did you install ReadyNAS Surveillance after updating to 6.8.0?

A 30-day free trial (up to 64 cameras) for ReadyNAS Surveillance or a single permanent camera license for ReadyNAS Surveillance Home, will be enabled when ReadyNAS Surveillance is installed. I checked the app just today on our RN31200 and it appears to work and not logging me out.

Have you tried on another web browser? maybe try clearing browser cache.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Hi JennC

Thank you very much for your reply and looking into the problem for me.

I installed version 1.4.3-16 while on 6.7.4 and had the issue, i then upgraded to 6.8.0 and had the same issues. That is when i tried to install the older version (1.4.3-15) with no success.

I have tried Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer on multiple PC's and I have cleared my cache (on Chrome). I have even tried accessing it from Safari on my iPhone with the same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times (sometimes different versions) and restarted my NAS.

One question.. Did I need to select the trial or single camera license when I logged in for the first time? I ask that because when I first installed it i logged in and saw that it seemed to be working and just closed the window. I did not go any further.

Regards

Message 4 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stretched,

RN312 is an x86 unit and x86 units do not come with preinstalled 1-camera license. It will use the trial version which I believe will start once you install and launch the app even without a camera.

Regards,

Message 5 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stretched,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Hi JennC

Thank you for the response and sorry for my late reply.

Unfortunately I still cannot log in and my trial is running out, I have tried everything that you have suggested with no luck. My issue is not yet resolved.

Regards

Message 7 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stretched,

Have you tried on another computer and clearing the browser cache?

Regards,

Message 8 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Hi JennC

I have tried 3 different PC's and cleared cache on all of them. I have tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari & Edge. All produce the same result, they show a popup box with the trial days remaining and then another box that says that I have been idle for 10 minutes and immediately logs me out.

Regards

Message 9 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stretched,

Can you try the BETA 6.8.1?

Regards,

Message 10 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Hi JennC

Sure, I will update tonight (Brisbane time) and report back.

Regards

Message 11 of 12
Stretched
Aspirant

Hi JennC

I have installed 6.8.1 Beta and tested and received the same result.

I then removed and reinstalled the Surveillance App and get the same result.

Regards

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements