× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant Download Photos - Case #17893584

booyah24
Aspirant

Cant Download Photos - Case #17893584

Hey.. I'm seeing a new issue now with photos II. For some reason I (and others) are unable to download photos regardless of the resolution we select. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!!
Message 1 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

Re: Cant Download Photos

Update.. after fooling around with it a bit I found that I can download some photos but not others. I cant quite make out why this is happening though.
Message 2 of 13
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Are you downloading Album or individual photo?
Message 3 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

I'm attempting to download a single photo. Its weird though that I can view it but it doesnt download the photo.
Message 4 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

FYI.. I just noticed something strange. There are some photos in certain folders that I'm able to download and others in the same folder that I cannot. When I look at the photo information I notice that the "File Name" for the one I can download is "IMG_0541.JPG" but an example of one I cannot download shows "2011-10-30%2fIMG_0809.JPG". I've been spot checking others and found that the one's I cannot download is consistent with this naming convention.
Message 5 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cant Download Photos - Case #17893584

The %2f is a /, so the one you cannot download is "2011-10-30/IMG_0809.JPG" Is it in a subfolder?
Message 6 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
The %2f is a /, so the one you cannot download is "2011-10-30/IMG_0809.JPG" Is it in a subfolder?

Its not in a subfolder as far as I know. I didnt set one up so I was under the impression that this is something created by readynas photos?
Message 7 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

I think I have narrowed this down to the eye-fi card and how its sending the pics to the readynas via ftp. It must be appending that folder information to the file. I just tested it by uploading an image from my mac to photos and I was able to download it fine. If I take a picture with the camera and have it sync wirelessly and send it via ftp thats when the file name shows that folder name. Anyone know a way around this?
Message 8 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

Anyone??? I opened a case and netgear support suggests I change the file names. I would if I knew where to find the files. They also suggested that if that didnt work then I should reinstall the OS and then reinstall photos II. I'm not considering that option right so I hope they have a better option for me.
Message 9 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

I hate to raise this issue up again but its gone unresolved. Is anyone else having this problem? The issue basically revolves around how the photos are named when transferred via ftp to photosII. 300+ pics of my vacation were auto uploaded to photos via eye-fi and now I cant download any of them. HELP!!
Message 10 of 13
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Photos are stored in .RNP2/USER then there is a set of subfolders something like this /3/up/2012/08/03 which i think the format for this is the date the album was created so if you look at the subfolders i marked in bold text the date is 03 august 2012
Message 11 of 13
booyah24
Aspirant

HERBIEO wrote:
Photos are stored in .RNP2/USER then there is a set of subfolders something like this /3/up/2012/08/03 which i think the format for this is the date the album was created so if you look at the subfolders i marked in bold text the date is 03 august 2012

Is there a way to change the actual file name en mass?
Message 12 of 13
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements