× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant access local network

jase502
Aspirant

Cant access local network

Hello,

I updated firmware and plex and since February I can’t connect any new devices on my network to Plex and also can no longer access Netgear admin page?

There is loads of info on remote access but my issue is just local. I can connect on external devices outside of my network no problem and remote access is fine in Plex. But as soon as I want to connect anything from home I have an issue.

I have an existing T8 box and Roku stick connected and they are still fine but anything new doesn’t work.

I ran RAIDar and no issues, I’ve factory re-setted my Virgin home 3.0 router, I’ve reinstalled the OS on my Netgear router and everything is the same.

I have the reverse issue to everything I read can anybody please help?

Thanks

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jase502
Aspirant

Re: Cant access local network

Hi, and thanks for replying. 

I installed the previous firmware version for both the NAS server and Plex. I removed the DHCP option on the second router as well. In Plex I selected ‘all unsecured connections on same Network’ and it all seems to be working great again.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jase502,

Welcome to the Community!

How are those new devices connected to your network? Are they connected via Ethernet or WiFi? 

If they are connected via WiFi, perhaps check if there is a wireless isolation enabled on the router.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jase502,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
jase502
Aspirant

Hi, and thanks for replying. 

I installed the previous firmware version for both the NAS server and Plex. I removed the DHCP option on the second router as well. In Plex I selected ‘all unsecured connections on same Network’ and it all seems to be working great again.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements