× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Clean Install Baikal / Sabre/Dav on OS 6.10.2 (Latest Calendar and Contacts App)

ReadyNASNVUser
Apprentice

Clean Install Baikal / Sabre/Dav on OS 6.10.2 (Latest Calendar and Contacts App)

Hi although the Calendar and Context app by @ReadyNas Guru is great - it is now based on a very old version of Baikal / Sabre/Dav - 0.2.4; the current version is 0.6.1

So I am trying to figure out how to install 0.6.1 on OS 6.10.2 using these instructions.

I've asked the nice folks supporting this project at GitHub for help via this post... and wanted to also ask if anyone here could help?  Will post solutions back here if my questions are answered on GitHub and vice versa 🙂

Thanks all

Antony 

Message 1 of 4
ReadyNASNVUser
Apprentice

Re: Clean Install Baikal / Sabre/Dav on OS 6.10.2 (Latest Calendar and Contacts App)

Hi @WhoCares_   I just noticed back in 2015 you suggested here that you might be able to give us an updated add-on for Baikal / Sabre/Dav.

Is this still something you might contemplate? 

@StephenB as per my post above , the current add-on by "ReadyNAS Guru" is now very out of date (and I can't track down who "ReadyNAS Guru" is on this forum to contact him)... any thoughts on how we might move forward?

FWIW a helpful soul on the github repository for Baikal / Sabre/Dav has given some pointers on how to preceed in response to my question, also mentioned above, here.

Message 2 of 4
WhoCares_
Mentor

Hi,

I can certainly look into it. If you want to try for yourself as per your question in Baikal's github repo, I think you'd at least need my PHP add-on to get PHP 7.x on your ReadyNAS. MySQL isn't strictly necessary since Baikal also works with SQLite. If you have a smaller user group (say, family) then SQLite should work ok. For a larger user base MySQL is recommended.

-Stefan

Message 3 of 4
ReadyNASNVUser
Apprentice

@WhoCares_ - thanks Stefan for the reply... thanks for the advice... and of course if you can up date the existing add-in this would be the best for me 🙂 ... I have to learn as I do... so while I usually get there in the end it takes me 10 times longer! 😞

I would be happy to help test an updated Calendar/Contacts Server add-on if you proceed with that 🙂 

For last ~4 years I have been running cal/carddav on an Apple OS X Server and its working syncing between Mac, Windows, Android, *and* two things are driving me nuts:

(1) When creating a caldav appointment on Mac and Android inviations can't be emailed - which is a function of an SMTP capability on the CalDav server - and while Apple OS X in theory can do this I can't get it to work

(2) The Cal/CardDav Apple Server doesn't allow text fields to be HTML / RichText... where as on Outlook / Windows and Android clients they do.  This means a lose of formatting as a Calendar Entry or Contact gets moved back and forth *if* you edit a richtext/HTML formatted text field 😞

Any idea if the latest versions of Baikal / Sabre/Dav can help me with either of these?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements