× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Continued problems with Qbittorrent

banditinoz
Apprentice

Continued problems with Qbittorrent

I've had a couple of posts on here about Qbittorrent and it's stopped again. The watched folder hasn't worked since I last posted here and my ifttt script is running fine that I used to automate everything once before. I could add torrents by copying the whole torrent url into a box with each torrent on a new line, but only that manual way.

I did some googling and found someone made a comment about it using port 7079 instead of 8080 and they did a fix by editing a file. I didn't read the whole thing properly and just changed it from 7079 to 8080 and of course it doesn't even start now.

I've upgraded to Windows 10 as well, but it wasn't working before that anyway. So now I've stuffed it and every time I remove and reinstall it keeps the old settings and won't even start up, very annoying.

I had a far too brief window of success some time back where it beautifully worked doing auto downloads using my ifttt script feeding my Qbittorrent folder. I started playing with DNS and it all went downhill from there, never working again properly since.

I now have to use utorrent on Windows and believe the only way it'll ever be fixed now is if an expert logs in to fix it for me.... (he said hopefully)

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements