× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Couch Potato & Transmission not moving completed files

tophneal
Follower

Couch Potato & Transmission not moving completed files

Hey there,

Over the weekend I installed Couch Potato Server onto my RN Pro 2. For the most part setup went well, and I was able to import my existing movies, trakt watchlist, and conntect Transmission (also installed as an app on the RN.)

However, I noticed pretty quickly after CP downloaded a few movies, that no matter what I tried, I could not get those new movies into the movie folder so that they could be picked up by my Kodi library. Initially, I used the web portal of the NAS to ensure permissions for the movie folder were as inclusive as possible. After that, I searched through the files and found the downloaded/completed files in the /data/Transmission/Incomplete directory. I've tried using the same file browser to move them to the correct folder, as well as marking them as complete within CP. Neither has succeeded in moving the files to the correct  folder.

I believe this is because of a permissions error. When initially setting up downloaders, I tried to configure Blackhole and the subtitle downloader, but every test failed. Whenever I checked the logs, I would consistently see directory permission errors (I'm at work right now, but if it's helpful I can add logs when I'm back home.) I've checked all my permissions several times for these folders, and am sure that each one is r/w by anyone/thing that's on my network (not public.) Are there groups/users I need to be adding so the CP has access to my folders?

I've found several threads with this issue on other hardware, but not for the ReadyNAS, and few have answers that go much further than chmod 777 the necessary directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get me steered in the right direction. Thank you,

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements