× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CouchPotato Server breaks after auto update ?

BingDanT
Aspirant

CouchPotato Server breaks after auto update ?

Hi All,

The Couchpotato source on github has been getting some updates but these appear to be breaking the @Mhynlo version on readynas.

I've set couchpotato to auto update which appears to be working.

but the app then refuses to load after restarting. I receive the "bad NML Call" error message.

does anyone know how to fix this as it would be great to keep couchpotato upto date ??

Cheers.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Mhynlo
Luminary

I heard one report on this issue and I have been meaning to post to the app site.

I will pull another update from CouchPotato before releasing the next app, but I think there was a fix in some of the newer updates from CouchPotato:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-couchpotato/releases/tag/3.0.1-1

Did you want to give that version a go to see how it runs?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
bobaloca
Guide

I sent a PM to @Mhynlo on this -- haven't debugged thoroughly, but I do see error messages suggesting that the data dir be separate from the app dir -- perhaps updates are causing the data (and config) to be altered in a bad way.  Haven't had a chance to fully debug, but would love some eyes on this.

Message 2 of 6
Mhynlo
Luminary

I heard one report on this issue and I have been meaning to post to the app site.

I will pull another update from CouchPotato before releasing the next app, but I think there was a fix in some of the newer updates from CouchPotato:

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-couchpotato/releases/tag/3.0.1-1

Did you want to give that version a go to see how it runs?

Message 3 of 6
bobaloca
Guide

I actually just had this issue yesterday, and was I'm pretty sure I was using this version (3.0.1-1) that I pulled from you git repo.  So, I believe the issue is still present.

Message 4 of 6
BingDanT
Aspirant

ok, so i uploaded the new verision (v3.0.1-1) on top of the old installation without removing it and were back in action.

I've turned off auto-update for the time being and I'll turn it back on once we know it wont break anyting.

Thanks @Mhynlo

Message 5 of 6
BingDanT
Aspirant

Just as an FYI The auto update feature on Sickrage and PlexPY work so it should be possible 🙂

(Although i still have the issue of sickrage not loading after a reboot, I have to load it manually)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements