× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Docker CLI Addon & Readynas OS 6.8.1 Installation FAILURE

sgirard
Aspirant

Docker CLI Addon & Readynas OS 6.8.1 Installation FAILURE

Recently did a factory reset on my NAS to clean up unstableness of my NAS. Looks like things are good, but I am having some issues with installing the Docker CLI Addon, which I had previously had installed and run with no issues. Unfortunately, this time when I  try to install it from the App Store I only get an error that state it failed to install the addon.  I probably missing a prereq that was previously installed.  

Is there some spot where I can look at the logs for this failed installation? I did some looking, but nothing was really popping out at me.

Thanks

Shawn

Message 1 of 9
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Docker CLI Addon & Readynas OS 6.8.1 Installation FAILURE

Hello sgirard,

After factory resetting the NAS and re configuring it did you upgrade the firmware? For isolation please try to install the app using different browser and computer. Also you may manually upload the app and you can download it from here.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
sgirard
Aspirant

Thanks for replying Marty,

Yes, i upgraded the software from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1 and then I started installing my add-ons, i.e. Plex, Resilio Sync and even NetData NT, and I had no issues with these installations. 

I have tried to install Docker from both Chrome and Safari, and I tried both through the App store and manual installation from the site you sent me. Still no luck.  

Is there some log that I can check to see why it is failing?

Thanks

Shawn

Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you reviewed the logs for errors installing the app e.g. looking in systemd-journal.log?

Message 4 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Are you using the latest version from here: https://github.com/Mhynlo/readynas-docker-cli/releases

Message 5 of 9
sgirard
Aspirant

Ok, it appears downloading the latest version from Git did the trick for installing it.  It appears that the correct version docker was installed, verifed by docker -v cli (docker v 17.09.0-ce build afdb6d4). But... In Readynas, it reports that the installed version of docker is 17.06.0-ml1.

Here's a screenshot in what I'm seeing in ReadyNas. When I try to update via ReadyNas UI, I get the same failure as before.

On another docker related issue, I was able to install the Portainer IO app, but when I login I get an Endpoint not found error. What would I need to configure the endpoint for my local docker host? I didn't have to configure the endpoints the last time that I installed Docker & Portrainer.

Once again, thanks for all the help

Shawn

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-16-06-43-07.png

Message 6 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

I swear I read somewhere on the forum about a Docker dependancies issue with the most recent OS versions -- something that was standard before not being so now.  But for the life of me, I have not been able to find it in a search.  But your success with the latest version tends to confirm it.  Maybe yet another dependancy issue with Portainer?  Try downloading all logs and see if install_debpkg.logs gives you any further clues.

Message 7 of 9
sgirard
Aspirant

Thanks. Your explaination definitely puts some light on issues. I will check out the logs as you suggested.

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
sgirard
Aspirant

Well, i looked through the log file that was mention and I didn't see anything that would explain in what happened. A lot success and status messages. No singles of addon failure.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements