× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dual problem = Data LOST! Case#16573483

konman1
Follower

Dual problem = Data LOST! Case#16573483

Hi All,

Problem 1) Readnas Vault said that we were 'over usage' - I removed 25 Gig from the online vault - still said that was 'over' and it was suspended - Backups were suspended....
Problem 2) Readnas did a "/dev/c/c was not cleanly unmounted, check forced." and DELETED many current files.

From the log file it said "Entry 'A_File_Name.xlsx' in /data/PathName/PathSubDirectory/PathSubSubDirectory
(12998957) has deleted/unused inode 12999203. Clear? yes

As a result it DELETED A_File_Name.xlsx from the NAS!!!!! ARGH!!!

I have lodged a ticket with Netgear, but realistically, when files are deleted from the ReadyNas, can they be recovered?

If Readnas Vault had got their friggin act together and re-enabled our account when I deleted all the stuff then I wouldnt have this problem of lost data!!!

Thanks,
Kon.
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dual problem = Data LOST!

I would suggest you edit the thread title (subject of first post in the thread) to include your case number. That way if a NetGear representatives takes some interest they can take a look at your case.

You may also wish to contact the Vault experts (see announcement in this forum: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38973)
Message 2 of 3
efishman
Aspirant

Re: Dual problem = Data LOST! Case#16573483

Hi Konman,

I am very sorry for the issue you have experienced. Please contact support@vault.readynas.com and I will make sure that they handle your issue quickly and that your account gets reactivated. Please make sure to write in from the email address attached to your Vault account and include this thread in the email.

-ReadyNAS Vault Support.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements