× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error after Restart/Reboot ReadyNAS 716 - PCTV 461 S2 - Device not present !?

Steffko
Aspirant

Error after Restart/Reboot ReadyNAS 716 - PCTV 461 S2 - Device not present !?

Hello everyone !

I really do hope that there is someone out here who can help me with my specific problem:

I do use the following configuration:

Netgear ReadyNAS 716x with OS 6.5.1, a PCTV 73e (DVB-T) and a
PCTV 461e (DVB-S/S2), your DVBLink Server 6.0.0, Build12901
together with DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0, Build 13006.

This is marvelous, wieving, recording works like a charm !

Unfortunately, there is a problem that occured after I decided to implement a "shutdown and reboot cycle" to the system as I do not need the NAS up 24/7.

I ran into the following issue:

After each Reboot or a Power-off I do have to un- and replug the DVB-S USB - adaptor, if not system (DVBLink) tells that it is not connected/present and there is no Video signal then if I choose a channel connected/related to the PCTV 461e.

This happens either with the USB 3.0-ports on the back and with the USB 2.0 on the front...

After a quick disconnect and a replug of the PCTV 461e the source and video is available again...

The terrestrial PCTV73e always works on both ports and offers the signal even with the other source absent..I never have to disconnect and reconnect this one.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time, your help & support

Best regards,
Message 1 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Error after Restart/Reboot ReadyNAS 716 - PCTV 461 S2 - Device not present !?

Hi Steffko,

I apologize for the trouble that this has caused you. I suppose the shutdown & reboot cycle is being done manually of via Power Timer. Could you share or tell us the Firmware running on your system?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 7
Steffko
Aspirant

Hello Sir !

- Thank you for your quick reply !

Yes, it does not work both ways, neiter with Power Timer, nor after a manual shutdown.

But now I am little bit confused !? Which firmware do you mean ?

I am using ReadyNAS OS 6.5.1 (x86) as I already stated in the first sentence of the description of my problem.

Please, let me know if this is the information that you need or if you need anything else !?

In addition, this has also been a problem with the earlier versions of the OS (6.4.0 and following).

Thank you in advance,

Steffko

Message 3 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Steffko,

Sorry, I overlooked that information. I may need to check this issue that you have reported with my colleagues who can probably assist you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Steffko
Aspirant

Hello Sir !

- Thank you so much for your support !

I am really looking forward to hearing from you and your colleagues soon !

Best regards,

Steffko

Message 5 of 7
Steffko
Aspirant

Hi Sir !

Thanks for your last reply on my issue from earlier of the beginning of this month !

Any news or updates from you or your colleagues for me !?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Steffko

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you still seeing this?

If so, which firmware version and app version are you running?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements