× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Exclude one folder from Amazon Cloud Sync?

mrQQ
Apprentice

Exclude one folder from Amazon Cloud Sync?

Hello,

I'm currently backuping one share to Amazon Cloud. Can one folder from that share be excluded from the backup?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mrQQ,

Unfortunately you cannot. You could probably post this on the Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
mrQQ
Apprentice

I see. One more question then: are deletions propagated to cloud? Eg if I delete a file from NAS, will the deletion be synced to Amazon, and the file will be deleted there aswell?

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@mrQQ wrote:

I see. One more question then: are deletions propagated to cloud? Eg if I delete a file from NAS, will the deletion be synced to Amazon, and the file will be deleted there aswell?

It is supposed to be (that is what "sync" means).  With Resilio sync the conflict resolution isn't bulletproof, and sometimes I've seen files I deleted in one place be restored (instead of the deletion proprogating). I haven't played with Amazon Sync.

One implication is that sync isn't really a backup.  Deletions in either repository are automatcally propogated, so it actually increases the possibility of data loss through user error (or perhaps a failure on either side).

Message 4 of 8
mrQQ
Apprentice

I understand that. However, I now have an issue that 4 shares take up 495GB, however, once the sync is finished, amazon says only 457GB is in use. So something hasn't synced and I have no idea how to find out what 😞

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Some others have seen that: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Amazon-Cloud-drive-sync-stops-while-in...

Try reclicking the synchronize control, and see if that helps.

Message 6 of 8
mrQQ
Apprentice

I clicked sync, it did infact detect some changes, and started uploading. It's still not the same however: NAS 597GB, Amazon Cloud 467GB. Clicking sync once more does nothing. How can I see which folders are different?

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

The release notes for 6.7.0 beta say that there are "Many bug fixes in cloud storage services", so you could try that.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-7-0-T169-Beta-2/m-p/1229713#U122...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements