× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update (6.5) - Apps won't start, can't be installed oder deleted

OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The patch that @mdgm-ntgr is providing is a work around for the users that are running arm platform. We are working with Egnyte to address the fix from the server side.

I will update everyone once the server settings are updated.
Message 26 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That config backup only changes one file. It shouldn't have any affect on the admin credentials whatsoever. Did you do an OS Re-install as well? An OS Re-install resets the admin password.

As for the new setting not showing that was likely a browser cache issue: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21168

A browser cache issue may resolve itself, but you can force it to be resolved by clearing the browser cache.

Message 27 of 45
jds59
Aspirant

My nas is now essentially a brick.  Plex wouldn't work so I downloaded and installed the patch above.  When it came time for the reboot, it asked for a password.  It wouldn't take any passwords. Tried the password that was sent to me when I set up the system, still no go. Any ideas?

Message 28 of 45
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The patch has nothing to do with the username/password field. Try an OS reinstall on your box. 

Message 29 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jds59 wrote:

My nas is now essentially a brick.  Plex wouldn't work so I downloaded and installed the patch above.  When it came time for the reboot, it asked for a password.  It wouldn't take any passwords. Tried the password that was sent to me when I set up the system, still no go. Any ideas?

This patch only overwrites one config file which is completely unrelated to your users/passwords.

If you extract the zip you will see that there is only one file in it and see what I mean.

Try an OS Re-install as kohdee suggested then install the patch again (if you still have problems with installing/uninstalling apps etc.).

If you still have issues see the PM I just sent.

Message 30 of 45
jds59
Aspirant

I am a newbie to this, maybe some instructions on how to do this.

Message 31 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

See the Boot Menu instructions

When you perform an OS Re-install the admin password will be reset to the default one. An OS Re-install will also reverse the config change that the patch made (a patch which is completely unrelated to your users and passwords).

Message 32 of 45
Sei
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

after I applied the patch I am not able to sign in using my readycloud user. It seems that the user lost his email adress. Also my time machine backups have gone (but not for non readycloud users). Further I am not able to access the network shares using the readycloud users and I am not able to access the NAS from readycloud. I have to use the admin credentials to sign in in the local network. 

What happened here. What can I do to restore my readycloud user?

Thanks in advance!

RN214

Message 33 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As already mentioned the config backup only contains one file and this config file is completely unrelated to ReadyCLOUD, Time Machine etc., so restoring it would have no impact on those.

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 34 of 45
Sei
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks mdgm, I do not understand the issue as well. 

I have sent you the log.

Message 35 of 45
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The Egnyte repo should no longer cause conflicts and issues with the arm units.

Message 36 of 45
bloooo
Aspirant

Thank you, this solved the problem for me.

Message 37 of 45
tabak
Aspirant

Hi,

it will affect my files ?

Message 38 of 45
StephenB
Guru

@tabak wrote:

it will affect my files ?

Will what affect your files?

Message 39 of 45
xander85
Aspirant

Hi All, I was directed to this page from the CouchPotato Forums and I went to restore that config file. Now my NAS just has kfree+120 shown on the display. I am scared to touch it or reboot it. Is this normal? Will it just "fix itself"? Hopefully someone can assist. Thanks!

Message 40 of 45
xander85
Aspirant

I had to hard reboot, it works okay now. But I am scared to touch this "fix" again. 😞

Here is the original thread.

https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13033&p=39145#p39145

Message 41 of 45
Mhynlo
Luminary

@xander85 Which CouchPotato App are you using?

There were some fixes to my CouchPotato app that is posted here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/Couch-Potato-Server-by-Mhynio-3-0-1/td-p/1092092/...

Message 42 of 45
xander85
Aspirant

@Mhynlo currently, nothing. Since the FW update of the RN104 I have not been able to get it running. It refused to launch and it would not uninstall. After some research, I was able to uninstall it. But now, nothing will reinstall. Perhaps I can manually install from that .deb from here?

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-couchpotato/releases/download/3.0.1-1/couchpotato_3.0.1-1_all.deb

ps. I was the one having issues with SickRage you assisted me with. It seems the FW update caused more problems than solutions. 😞

Message 43 of 45
xander85
Aspirant

@Mhynlo I got it all working last night. Got CP back up & running. Again, thank you for your assistance!

Message 44 of 45
ssssss
Tutor

I still saw such issue on my 204. And finally i downgrade to 6.4.2, factory reset and reinstall app resloved the issue.

Message 45 of 45
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements