× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie Marketplace RN314

jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

Genie Marketplace RN314

Hello,

I have a new RN314 FW 6.0.1, I enabled Genie app and used the same account than the one used with Duo v2. Nothing happens, I don't see my RN314 in the market place and on the dashboard nothing is displayed under app tab. If I put a wrong password I am kicked out hence I guess that my credentials are correct.
I created a new account on Genie portal but same issue.

Do you know how I can access to the Genie Market and to get the addons?

Thanks for your help

Jon
Message 1 of 26
JabbaTheHutt
Tutor

Re: Genie Marketplace RN314

If you log onto genie.netgear.com and login, do you see your devices? I have noticed a couple of times that the device will register (so it will show up in the genie.netgear.com device list) but it will not activate. If this is the case, click activate on the genie page and this will complete the registration. Once registration is complete, the available apps list will be published in your readynas gui.
Message 2 of 26
jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

Unfortunately I don't see the device at all, the message is No Devices Found 😞
Message 3 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

jonjonoo wrote:

Hi jonjonoo,

Can you confirm that the required component is running on your NAS? On your browser, go to https://your.nas.ip/CPProxy. You should get the page that says "Hello from Your NETGEAR Control Point".

- snip3rboy
Message 4 of 26
StephenB
Guru

snip3rboy wrote:
jonjonoo wrote:

Hi jonjonoo,

Can you confirm that the required component is running on your NAS? On your browser, go to https://your.nas.ip/CPProxy. You should get the page that says "Hello from Your NETGEAR Control Point".

- snip3rboy
I don't see this on my RN102 - I get a 404. It will connect to genie when I go into the apps page and enter my credentials.

I have noticed that if I enter my ReadyCloud/Remote credential instead of genie's, that the NAS appears to accept it, In that case logging into genie.netgear.com shows that the device is offline. Rebooting the RN102 is the only way I've found to recover from this.
Message 5 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

My typo, should have double-checked.

It should be https://your.nas.ip/CPProxy/.
Message 6 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

jonjonoo wrote:

I have a new RN314 FW 6.0.1, I enabled Genie app and used the same account than the one used with Duo v2. Nothing happens...

Hi jonjonoo,

Did you get a chance to try on a different browser?
Message 7 of 26
StephenB
Guru

snip3rboy wrote:

Yes, that works!
Message 8 of 26
jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

snip3rboy wrote:

Ok I read : Hello from Your NETGEAR Control Point

I tried to use my Readycloud account but it doesn't accept the credential, I am going to upgrade to 6.0.2
Message 9 of 26
jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Genie Marketplace RN314 - Resolved

Ok it works now. After upgrade to 6.0.2 I was able to see my RN314 in Genie and from the GUI I could see available addons.
I installed from the market place an app and it has been successfully installed
Message 10 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

Re: Genie Marketplace RN314 - Resolved

jonjonoo wrote:
Ok it works now. After upgrade to 6.0.2 I was able to see my RN314 in Genie and from the GUI I could see available addons.
I installed from the market place an app and it has been successfully installed

Nice!
Message 11 of 26
coxo01
Aspirant

having this same isue with my RN104. Login through the GUI and nothing shows up. Login through the genie webpage and no devices are linked.
Tried that CPProxy link listed above and get "Service Temporarily Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Please help.
Message 12 of 26
Musk1
Aspirant

Yes I had the same issue with my new 314:

----------------------------------------------
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
----------------------------------------------

I restarted the NAS and it then showed up as not activated as per the person earlier in this thread. I was then able to activate it.
Message 13 of 26
6ril
Aspirant

I'm having trouble of the same kind, I think

I just bought a readyNAS 104 and everything about APPS is just NOT working!
The very ridiculous website genie marketplace (how can someone still make such a dodgy website? it's like back in the 80's) is just telling me : NO DEVICES FOUND

My Firmware is 6.0.4

And if I go to APPs nothing is showing up, nothing in available and nothing in installed .... NOT EVEN ReadyPHOTO which seems to be there (got an icon on the System page)

Netgear support is not helping me at all, all they were able to say was " install 6.0.4" (which was already installed) .. So i told them I got it already and now they just wont reply.
I even tried the livechat, aand I got someone taking control of my computer via Teamview, just to multiple the account on genie with all my email addresses, for nothing, messing up my password ..etc. A total waste of 2 hours that finished with that support lady telling me that they will contact me back soon (4 days ago)... they never contacted me.

can anyone help me? Or just point me in the right direction to search for a solution!
Message 14 of 26
Govnah
Aspirant

6ril wrote:
I'm having trouble of the same kind, I think

I just bought a readyNAS 104 and everything about APPS is just NOT working!
The very ridiculous website genie marketplace (how can someone still make such a dodgy website? it's like back in the 80's) is just telling me : NO DEVICES FOUND

My Firmware is 6.0.4

And if I go to APPs nothing is showing up, nothing in available and nothing in installed .... NOT EVEN ReadyPHOTO which seems to be there (got an icon on the System page)

Netgear support is not helping me at all, all they were able to say was " install 6.0.4" (which was already installed) .. So i told them I got it already and now they just wont reply.
I even tried the livechat, aand I got someone taking control of my computer via Teamview, just to multiple the account on genie with all my email addresses, for nothing, messing up my password ..etc. A total waste of 2 hours that finished with that support lady telling me that they will contact me back soon (4 days ago)... they never contacted me.

I had the exact same issue today on my RN516. Called NTGR support took my information and in a few minutes received an email that my "Controlpoint" was deactivated from the Genie Marketplace. Once that was done I was able to login to the Genie Marketplace and my device was activated and the apps tab worked as designed.
Message 15 of 26
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyNAS Photos II is not ready for now. The devs are working on this now.

And the correct process of geine should be like this:
1. Connect your nas and computer to a single router.
2. Go to NAS admin page, enable geine in System->Settings->Services. This will take a while like 5 to 10 minutes for geine initialization.
3. After that you can see your box listed in "My devices" in https://genie.netgear.com/UserProfile/# ... boardPlace: as "Not Activated".
4. Activate your box. You can both activate your box by clicking the "Activate" button in step 3's webpage. Or you can just login the genie market place in NAS admin page Apps->genie Marketplace login.
Then you can see all apps which match with your box model listed in Available page(NAS admin page). And you can see all apps we have now in genie website.
Message 16 of 26
6ril
Aspirant

Thank you, but you are suggesting that I follow THE NORMAL PROCEDURE ! Which I've done a million time!

1. Only 1 router in my home network
2. Genie was enabled that way already
3. NO I DONT SEE MY BOX THERE! How do I have to tell you ??????
Message 17 of 26
jonjonoo
NETGEAR Expert

what is displayed on https://your.nas.ip/CPProxy/.
Message 18 of 26
6ril
Aspirant

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at 192.168.1.32 Port 443
Message 19 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

Hi 6ril,

Assuming your NAS IP is still 192.168.1.32, can you visit this link on your browser:

http://192.168.1.32:5050/
Message 20 of 26
6ril
Aspirant

snip3rboy wrote:
Hi 6ril,

Assuming your NAS IP is still 192.168.1.32, can you visit this link on your browser:

http://192.168.1.32:5050/

Unable to connect

does it tell you something?
Message 21 of 26
snip3rboy2
Aspirant

6ril wrote:

Unable to connect

does it tell you something?

A few possibilities:

1. The Genie Application is not running/not responding
2. The Genie Application was not successfully installed

Please try this:

1. SSH into your NAS
2. Enter this command: java -version

What do you get?
Message 22 of 26
przemek_ch
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue my java version is:

java version "1.6.0_31"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.3) (6b31-1.13.3-1~deb6u1)
OpenJDK Zero VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
Message 23 of 26
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Disable Genie and use add-ons.
Message 24 of 26
przemek_ch
Aspirant

OK I managed to run it...
I can access genie shop and 'buy' an application. I'm getting 'The server has an internal error' 🙂
After several retries I'm getting a confirmation email but...
It hangs on 'Installation may take a few minutes, please wait....'

Afterwards I can see that the application is marked as Installed but its neither on the Installed List nor anywhere else..
And I can't reinstall it.

OK where can I get the installation packages for all the genie apps?
Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements