Getting started as a developer
From the ReadyNAS-Developer-FAQ:
What do I need to get started developing an application?
- Download SDK Package (which is only up to OS6.6.0)
- Download Example debs Ver. 103 (189721 bytes) (which is located where?)
- View README file in SDK package (This is included in SDK too.)
- Download Zipped Development Environment VirtualBox VDI (839743644 bytes) (Found it, but why isn't this a link? How can i determine if it's up to date?)
- Read How to jump start using VM image (which is located where?)
- Read How to setup ReadyNASOS on VM (I think I found this, but the images are also not up to date.)
Provifding a FAQ usually implies that it provides answers. This provides more questions than answers. Does Netgear actually want new developers? It doesn't look like it. Can anyone point me to a real getting started guide and up-to-date files?
Re: Getting started as a developer
I did. The link to the SDK there isn't a link to any SDK. At least the one I found had actual SDK's up to 6.6.0. That tells how to develop on a NAS. I much prefer the virtual machine way since I can't mess up a real NAS OS that way. Maybe the examples there are the ones mentioned in the other guide -- it's impossible to tell.