× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HELP - RN316 reset means I lost super poussin LMS - where is lms_1.0.9_all.deb?

Jophus
Luminary

HELP - RN316 reset means I lost super poussin LMS - where is lms_1.0.9_all.deb?

Hello Team.

Once again I am facing a complete rebuild of my RN316 due to a failed disk replacement/upgrade and expansion. It should have worked, but didn't an instead gave me two volumes - one with all 6 disks and one with 5.5 disks.

A factory reset is OK because I have a full data back up - but I don't have super-poussin's lms_1.0.9_all.deb file archived, instead relying on Dropbox's shared folder... Which informs me the file is deleted!

Can anyone help!  I desperately need this file so I can install LMS 8 and use the Readynas app admin page to stop/restart it when I need to.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: HELP - RN316 reset means I lost super poussin LMS - where is lms_1.0.9_all.deb?

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
mdgm
Virtuoso

Re: HELP - RN316 reset means I lost super poussin LMS - where is lms_1.0.9_all.deb?

If you have not yet factory reset can you download the logs and post the contents of btrfs.log and mdstat.log?
Message 2 of 11
Jophus
Luminary

Too late for that. I didn't factory reset but I did delete all volumes and started again.

LMS_1.0.9_all.deb is the file I need so I can install the latest LMS .deb package and I can control it from the web admin page.

Anyone who has this file, you would be doing a great community service if you could share it for all to use. I would greatly appreciate it if I could secure a copy of it

Message 3 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@super_poussin probably?

Message 4 of 11
Jophus
Luminary

Thanks for your help. @super_poussin  Last visited 30-Jun-2017. Twitter similar.....

I am hoping someone has the file on their NAS and would kindly share it with me and perhaps, the ReadyNAS community.

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Message 6 of 11
Jophus
Luminary

I seached and searched slim forum but could not find it! You are a star and I really appreciate your help!

ReadyNAS lives to fight another day!

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad I could help.

Message 8 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

Since the user on that forum stated he is moving to another brand of NAS, it would be helpful if it were made available elsewhere for the future.  Relying on individual users' Dropboxes and such isn't the most reliable way to do it, so somewhere else would be better.  I'm not an LMS user myself, and whoever maintains it should be so they can add any comments if it stops working with an OS or LMS update.

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

Since the user on that forum stated he is moving to another brand of NAS, it would be helpful if it were made available elsewhere for the future.  Relying on individual users' Dropboxes and such isn't the most reliable way to do it, so somewhere else would be better.  I'm not an LMS user myself, and whoever maintains it should be so they can add any comments if it stops working with an OS or LMS update.

True, but that's not on Netgear, it's on @super_poussin.  I don't think this app was ever hosted by Netgear.

FWIW, when they cleaned up the app store some years ago (removing incompatible apps), they archived the incompatible apps  here: https://github.com/ReadyNAS/sdk/wiki/App-Archive  But this particular app isn't in that archive.

In any event, I suggest making sure you keep a copy of any third party app that you install.

Message 10 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

True, but that's not on Netgear, it's on @super_poussin.  I don't think this app was ever hosted by Netgear.

Or another user who wants to step up, which is what I was kinda suggesting.  I suspect @super_poussin never submitted this one for Netgear approval, so it's not in their repository.

In any event, I suggest making sure you keep a copy of any third party app that you install.

And not on the NAS itself unless it's also included in your backup.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements