× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to build Transmissionbt 3.0?

ssssss
Tutor

How to build Transmissionbt 3.0?

Anyone know how to build binary locally for ReadyNAS 6? The latest community built version is years old already. Trying to build latest verion myself.

Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: How to build Transmissionbt 3.0?

Have you gone to https://rnxtras.com/ to ask about a newer version being developed?  There may be a limitation in the OS that prevents going any farther.

Unfortunately, nobody has ever published a "Netgear app development for dummies".  I, too, would like to take standard Debian compatible packages and make them into Netgear versions, whihc should not be all that complicated.  But all the documentation is for people who have been programming in a Linux environment for years and even that's not kept up to date with OS upodates.  Thus, the severe lack of app developers.  WhoCares at RNXtras is one of the last.

I have simply taken to installing standard packages via SSH and apt and then moving the installatiuon directory to /apps and replacing the original with a soft link to the new one.  Unfortunately, that's not something everyone is comfortable with and not somethinhg easilly shared with others.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements