× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to get HTTPS working on OS6 with Chrome

r32nj
Tutor

How to get HTTPS working on OS6 with Chrome

I cannot connect to my ReadyNAS OS6 admin page via HTTPS using Chrome.  I have tried manually adding the certificate using instructions I found on the forum but it does not work.

IE works fine via HTTPS with no special certificate loading required.

Has anyone made this work?  I am using Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit) if that helps.

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to get HTTPS working on OS6 with Chrome

@r32nj wrote:

I cannot connect to my ReadyNAS OS6 admin page via HTTPS using Chrome. 

I am guessing that you are having trouble getting past the security warning?  That is, the "Your connection is not private" screen?

If so, click on "advanced", and then to the "proceed to..." - ignoring the (unsafe) bit.

Another option is to use Firefox - which allows you to save a security exception for the NAS.  Though personally I just click through it.

ReadyNAS use self-signed certificates - which enable encryption, but inherently can't provide any third-party verification that the NAS is owned by you.  The warning is important if you are connecting to a website over the internet (for instance, your bank, or microsoft.com, etc).  But it is expected in this case.

Message 2 of 6
r32nj
Tutor

I don't have an "advanced button".  I just get the ReadyNAS login screen, I can login but then the page is unsecure.  I mainly want the security so I can have Chrome save the password.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

I mainly want the security so I can have Chrome save the password.

Chrome saves my password, so I don't think the security warning is the problem there.

Message 4 of 6
r32nj
Tutor

Not for me.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

Not for me.

I'm currently running Chrome 80.0.3987.87 on Windows 10.  No issues at all with Chrome remembering the password.  On the Chrome settings for passwords, "offer to save passwords" is set, and "auto sign-in" is enabled.

Is it possible that there is a Chrome extension installed that is getting in the way?  Or maybe an internet security suite?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements