× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to get Twonky on ReadyNAS 202

Racso
Aspirant

How to get Twonky on ReadyNAS 202

Dear all,

For many years I've used my ReadyNAS duo with Twonky server, until my disks ran full.

Recently bought a ReadyNAS 202 but now I stumble into a few issues .....

The Twonky version for ARM-based NAS is available, but has to be installed manually on the NAS. (no .deb file available)

Now, I'm not a Linux expert (and not intending to become one) but certainly willing to experiment whether I can manage to get Twonky running.

Does anybody know of a detailed manual how to actually install Twonky (twonkymedia-armeb-glibc-2.2.5-5.1.1) manually on this NAS?

The unzipped folder contains many files and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thx

Message 1 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Racso,

It seems that the add-on has been removed in our apps website. We'll check the availability of the twonky ARM based add-on for R6 models.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Racso
Aspirant

Thx for your help Brian, I'm looking forward!

Message 3 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Racso,

Let's see what @WhoCares_ & @super_poussin can suggest or say about the missing add-on for ARM-based R6 NAS.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
WhoCares_
Mentor

The Twonky add-on wasn't made by me so I have no idea why it vanished from the app store, sorry. That said it shouldn't be too hard to bake the files from Twonky into a deb file. Maybe I'll have a look if time permits but would like to wait for poussin's opinion first.

-Stefan

Message 5 of 7
fremske
Guide

Dear WhoCares,

I will certainly help me and many others if you could bake a ReadyNAS OS6 ARM compatible package.

I have tried many uPnP/DLNA servers but have to admit that TwonkyServer is one of the best which works very will with many thrid party players/devices.

Looking forward to your contribution 🙂

Cheers,
Fremske

Message 6 of 7
fremske
Guide

Hi there,

Any news on the development of a Twonky server add-on for the ARM line-up?

I am very interested in trying it.

Cheers,

Fremske

RN102

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements