× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to modify audit settings on OS 6.10.2

r32nj
Tutor

How to modify audit settings on OS 6.10.2

I recently enabled the AUDIT function on my ReadyNAS.  It is generating a huge # of entries (I turned everything on).  I don't see any option on the AUDIT screen to turn it off or modify the original parameters.

How do I make changes to the AUDIT setup?

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

What you suggested was what I followed to turn ON auditing in the first place.  Now how do I turn it off or modify the initial settings (as I am getting way to many entries with everything turned on)?

There are some settings for Audit in System->settings->services->audit that you can change.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@r32nj

You have to go to System>Logs and choose the Audit label on the left side. Auditing should be enabled first

Audit.png

Once enabled, the settings options should appear and you should be able to modify.

Please see http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/READYNAS_OS_6_SM_EN.pdf on page 247

HTH

Regards​​​​​​​

Message 2 of 6
r32nj
Tutor

What you suggested was what I followed to turn ON auditing in the first place.  Now how do I turn it off or modify the initial settings (as I am getting way to many entries with everything turned on)?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

There are some settings for Audit in System->settings->services->audit that you can change.

Message 4 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@r32nj

You will have to go to the Settings Tab and disable Audit once turned off, you should not receive any alerts

If you want to modify the settings, going to Logs then audit will provide you the settings to modify what should be reported.

HTH

Regards

Message 5 of 6
r32nj
Tutor

This is what I needed - thank you!  Might want to include this in the manual within the section about the audit function.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements