× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Install MySQL and PHP on the NAS

agoEfilo
Aspirant

Install MySQL and PHP on the NAS

Hi all,

I'm trying to install a CRM on my NAS, a ReadyNAS 422, and I installed the available apps PHP, PHPMyAdmin and MySQL Server on the NAS, but I have some doubts about what is happening:

I'm not able to start the MySQL Server app, since the "start" button is disabled and if I click on "Setting", I'm redirected on a page with just "default access is root without password.".

Then, when I try to start PHPMyAdmin, I need to log in; I tried with "root/ " or with the admin credentials, but I got the "#2002 Not possible to login on MySQL Server".

Furthermore, I tried to modify the php.ini in order to change some parameters to met the CRM requirements, but the system does not see the changes. It seems that need a restart of services, but it's not clear to me how to start/stop the installed services.

Does anyone can clarify me these issues?

Thanks in advance

Agostino

Message 1 of 6
TeknoJnky
Hero

mysql is part of the readynas os system so that is why you can't stop it from the GUI, it should be running at all times other than a restart or whatever.

as far as the phpadmin, your post says you logged in with 'root\ ' is this a typo ?

you should log in with "root" minus the quotes.

I don't think this can be changed.

not sure what else to say about phpadmin I don't have any recent experience using it myself.

Message 2 of 6
agoEfilo
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply TeknoJnky

Regarding PHPMyAdmin, I'm trying to login as root using "root" minus the quotes and leaving the password empty, that should be the default credentials, but I can't login.

Tryed also with the password of the admin user and with the admin user account itself, but I'm still not able.

I really don't understand which user I should use...

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@TeknoJnky wrote:

mysql is part of the readynas os system 

mysql isn't installed on my RN526x.

root@NAS:~# ps -A | grep -i sql
root@NAS:~#
Message 4 of 6
TeknoJnky
Hero

@StephenB  wierd I always thought mysql was used for the system logging database, but perhaps I was thinking of something else.

@agoEfilo you should be able to ssh in to your readynas and access mysql directly with root and nopassword.

why php doesn't like not having a mysql password and how to work around it, I don't know.

as a wild arse guess, I suppose you could access mysql via ssh, create a new user with root/admin access, then pass that user/pass to php.

Message 5 of 6
agoEfilo
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion of both of you.

I just started mysql service by SSH and then I was able to login and interact with my DBs.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements