× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installed Apps Missing in Admin Page

BMuuN
Aspirant

Installed Apps Missing in Admin Page

I'm currently running firmware 6.9.5 Hotfix 1 however since around firmware v6.8 third party apps that I've installed are missing from the "Installed Apps" area of the admin page. 

These 'missing' apps exist on the NAS: - I can access them by navigating to their URL's and the folders are visible in the `data\.apps` directory, however the apps themselves are hidden from the "Installed Apps" section of the admin portal.

For example, here a list of the apps on the NAS:

All_Apps.jpg

Here's the list of installed apps displaying from the admin portal:

Missing_Apps.JPG

The following apps are missing:  "couchpotatosrc", "headphones", "sabnzbdsrc" and "sickbeardsrc".

These 'missing' apps are ones I installed manually and prior to firmware v6.8 to get one of these apps to appear within the "Installed Apps" section you would need to include the following files within an application directory:

.localapp
logo.png

These files still exist in each of the 'missing' apps however since the recent batch of firmware updates and as seen above, these apps no longer appear on the "Installed Apps" section of the admin portal.

Does anyone know why these apps would suddenly disappear?  The apps I've installed are not available directly through the ReadyNAS "Available Apps" interface (which may answer my own question) however prior to firmware v6.8 including ".localapp" and "logo.png" in the application directory were sufficient to get these apps displaying in the "Installed Apps" section.

I've been hoping future releases of the firmware would fix this issue but we're now on v6.9.5 with no fix in sight.

Any help/guidance to get these apps displaying would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Installed Apps Missing in Admin Page

This explains some of your missing apps, but not all: https://github.com/ReadyNAS/sdk/wiki/App-Archive

Headphones is still unexplained, but it is available from rnxtras.com so it might be an oversight in the archive.  Basically you should purchase the current versions from RNXtras.com for CouchPotato, Headphones, and SABnzbd.  Note sure what to do about SickBeard, as I'm not seeing it on rnxtras.  You could try installing the version in the archive I guess.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements