× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is Photos II available for the ReadyNas NV+?

jj267j
Initiate

Is Photos II available for the ReadyNas NV+?

I see that the ReadyNas NV+ is not listed as supported for the Photos II addin. Is Photos II available for the ReadyNas NV+?
Message 1 of 5
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: Is Photos II available for the ReadyNas NV+?

No, at least not yet. We're looking to see if the port is feasible on this platform.
Message 2 of 5
jj267j
Initiate

Thanks yoh-dah. I just got this nas so I guess I should have done a little more research since it seems that most of the new add ons are on the x86 platform. Which x86 nas do you sugges to replace my NV+? I mostly want it to consolidate all my data files and be able to access them from any device (phone, tv, internet, etc...).
Message 3 of 5
yoh-dah
Guide

jj267j wrote:
Thanks yoh-dah. I just got this nas so I guess I should have done a little more research since it seems that most of the new add ons are on the x86 platform. Which x86 nas do you sugges to replace my NV+? I mostly want it to consolidate all my data files and be able to access them from any device (phone, tv, internet, etc...).

For home, it depends on how much storage you need -- Ultra 2, 4, 6 or their slightly faster Plus models should be fine. If you want to do HD transcoding for things like Plex, you'll need a Pro 6.
Message 4 of 5
Mahieu
Aspirant

Hi Yoda,

yes, it would be nice to get photo II on NV+ NAS. Even if perfs are not as good as on niewer readynas.

BTW, do you know where I could find a comparison between photo I & photo II?

Kind regards,

M
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements