× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Milestone Arcus Surveillance is no longer being maintained on RN314

dinkop
Initiate

Milestone Arcus Surveillance is no longer being maintained on RN314

When attempt to install Milestone Arcus Surveillance app I get a message "Milestone Arcus Surveillance is no longer being maintained. Do you want to continue? [Yes] [No]" (see attached JPG)

Can someone from Netgear Support clarify what exactly this means for us, regular ReadyNAS users?

Before to install the app and spend $200+ for licenses etc. we would like to know if this app is going to be supported long term or it will follow the fate of the old ReadyNas Surveillance app.

It seems Netgears is quietly giving up on any surveillance solution on their NAS platforms and all this after the big fanfare announcement for long term co-oppertaion with Milestone in September 2017. Makes me think should I start looking around for another NAS...

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@dinkop wrote:

It seems Netgears is quietly giving up on any surveillance solution on their NAS platforms and all this after the big fanfare announcement for long term co-operation with Milestone in September 2017. 

I believe that is exactly the case.  The agreement with Milestone was terminated in 2018, and license sales stopped in December 2018.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/ReadyNAS-Surveillance-and-Milestone-A...

I use Arlo myself (which is independent from the NAS).  @Sandshark uses Blue Iris on a PC (which I think stores video on his ReadyNAS), and has recommended that software to others here.

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

My installation of Blue Iris uses the local hard drive for immediate storage and transfers data to the NAS for longer term storage.  So the local storage doesn't need to be large but I can still maintain a long history.

Message 3 of 4
dinkop
Initiate

Thanks Sandshark (and StephenB),

My whole point of using NAS for surveilance was not to have my PC running 24/7. I thought ReadyNAS would be good for that... Apparently I was wrong Smiley Sad

For now, I'm using my HIKvision cameras' internal NAS recording function and they dump video directly on my ReadyNAS. But this is not the best solution, because reviewing this video later is a pain. You need "proper" surveilance software for that... 

Well... gonna live with that Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements