× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Milestone Arcus

realtek1
Apprentice

Milestone Arcus

Hi,

I have a ReadyNAS 526X and I installed Milestone Arcus, can you please confirm if you should get a free license as part of the 526X? The Netgear website emplies this is the case when viewing the products provided with it.

If not, how can I purchase a license for 2 camera's please? It is not clear and no way of contacting netgear about this.

I emailed sales about a week ago and no one ever replied.

Regards

Message 1 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello realtek1,

Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS supports 2 cameras for free for a trial period of 60 days. After the trial period, the customer will be required to buy and activate a license. Netgear nor Milestone absolutely cannot reset any trial license period. Licenses are sold in 1, 4 and 8 packs. Each license will be good for 5 years. To purchase or activate a license, there is a button on the user interface of MileStone when you use it that will take you to Netgear portal to buy license.

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
yoban
Apprentice

@JennC wrote:

.... Licenses are sold in 1, 4 and 8 packs. Each license will be good for 5 years....

Do you think that Netgear would look at offering a license conversion from Readynas Surveillance to Milestone Arcus? Although if I have to renew every 5 years, this would put me off a bit.

Having used Milestone's Xprotect, Readynas Surveillance has a long way to go.

Message 3 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello yoban ,

Maybe, but I am not sure as there are no plans as of now.

Milestone and ReadyNAS Surveillance are completely separate products. There is no way to convert ReadyNAS Surveillance licenses to Milestone. Take note that ReadyNAS Surveillance licenses are permanent to the chassis while Milestone Arcus' only lasts 5 years.

Also, ReadyNAS Surveillance will still be available and will still supported.

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I can't seem to find prices. How much per camera?  Then it's only good for 5 years and I have to fork out again, every 5 years?  If you have to hide the prices, It can't be cheap.  I'm trying to google the info and I can't find any prices.  I go to their web site, No prices that I can find.  

I can only guess how much say 16 camera's would cost, and every 5 years.   Think there's much cheaper solutions then this.

Message 5 of 12
jlficken
Aspirant

I installed Milestone Arcus as well on my RN516 but will be removing it as my WD MyCloud doesn't have the 5 year license renewal requirement.

Message 6 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello realtek1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
realtek1
Apprentice

Hi Jen,

Not really, I've emailed sales twice and I have had zero response and the first time was 3 weeks ago.

I would like to find out prices please for 1-2 cameras.

Is there anyone that can help please as Sales obviously don't want to sell..

Thank you

Message 8 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello realtek1,

Have you tried calling the contact number that the link gave you?

The part codes for purchasing the Milestone licenses are as follows:

RNVMSMA1-10000S

RNVMSMA4-10000S

RNVMSMA8-10000S

I am not sure about the pricing but you can try putting the part code in Google search and you would get results with resellers of this license.

Regards,

Message 9 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello realtek1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 10 of 12
yoban
Apprentice

@jlficken wrote:

I installed Milestone Arcus as well on my RN516 but will be removing it as my WD MyCloud doesn't have the 5 year license renewal requirement.

Gosh that will be a large game breaker. A a user why would you buy Readynas for Arcus with a limiting license when WD MyCloud is unlimited as per @jlficken post.

Suggest someone passes this back to Sales and Marketing at Netgear. In fact, suggest to them to depreciate Readynas Surveillance and migrate all users to Arcus, unless Netgear are prepared to put some serious development in to their application to bring it up to speed with other players like Arcus, Sighthound, BlueIris.

Message 11 of 12
robm42
Aspirant

I agree that ReadyNAS surveillance has been abandoned by Netgear and they should offer an upgrade path to Milestone Arcus.  At this time the iOS application will no longer run under iOS 11 because it was never updated to work with the newer OS. I reported this in another thread months ago.  The web interface / java app also no longer runs on any modern web browser.

I also can report that multiple emails to sales@netgear.com asking how to buy a Milestone licenes have gone ignored.  It is truly sad how awful Netgear has become that they don't even want to sell or support their products any longer.

I have been a ReadyNAS user since it was owned by Infrant and while I loved the hardware, I will never buy another Netgear product again due to the awful support experiences I have had since Netgear bought them.

-Rob

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements