× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moodle Upgrades

Newsat11
Luminary

Moodle Upgrades

Has anyone ever tried to upgrade Moodle to a new version? The current version is 2.5, but Moodle as a stable 2.8 release out. I want to upgrade to match my testing environment to my live environment. If anyone has any advice I would be grateful. Since the Readynas is setup for a LAMP config I have to assume it can be done. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Moodle Upgrades

Hi Newsat11,

You may want to test the new version 2.8 and share us the result. For now, the recommended app version is 2.5 which NETGEAR tested is the same version available in our website. Also let's hear from other members if they have tried this version to see if it worked or has issues.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Newsat11
Luminary

Thanks for the resonse. I am probably going to test 2.8, as I think 2.9 might be a liitle too new. So you are aware, there is a problem with the install process with the 2.5 app you currently have available. When downloading the app it creates the "Moodledatabase" in mySQL. When you open the application for the first time and install it, the application trys to create the database again and it results in a nonrecoverable error during installation. To complete the installation, you have to download the app, enter phpMyAdmin to delete the database, and then go install the Moodle appication. I hope this helps...

I'll check the system requirements for the newest version on Moodle and run them by you guys to see if there is something on the Readynas unit that will not be compatible. Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Newsat11,

Thanks for the workaround that you've shared and hopefully you can provide feedback on the newer version of the Moodle add-on. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements