× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NAS 214 - Cannot install apps

Mathis_Soenen
Aspirant

NAS 214 - Cannot install apps

Hello,

I want to add a PHP server on my NAS.

So, I have search if i can add applications. Like my NAS isn't connected to internet, I downloaded and installed the 6.10.1 updated of main software, then I have try to do the same for the application PHP. So, i downloaded the .deb file for "all devices". After upload, i try to install it, but i receive the message "Cannot install phpr6".

I didn't any other log.

How can I install apps ?

Best regards.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Mathis_Soenen wrote:

Can i connect it in Wifi ?

Well, the NAS itself is ethernet-connected.  Of course Wifi connected clients will work.

@Mathis_Soenen wrote:

I didn't know that there was this log. I have downloaded it. Do you want to see the content of a file ?

The mods generally are the best folks to review them.  You can store the entire zip file in cloud storage (google drive, drop box, etc).  Then send a private message to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) asking them to take a look.  Include a link to the zip file in the PM - don't post it publicly.  You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

In general, many apps will install (or upgrade) other packages over the internet.  So your NAS should be connected to the internet while you are installing them.

In the specific case of php, I suggest purchasing the version from rnxtras.com.  It's tested and supported (and will be compatible with 6.10.x firmware).

As far as logs go - did you try downloading the log zip file from the web ui?

Message 2 of 9
Mathis_Soenen
Aspirant

Oh, it's a pitty. Can i connect it in Wifi ?

I don't want to buy something, mostly when i can have the same thing but free (and it need internet connection too).

I didn't know that there was this log. I have downloaded it. Do you want to see the content of a file ?

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Mathis_Soenen wrote:

Can i connect it in Wifi ?

Well, the NAS itself is ethernet-connected.  Of course Wifi connected clients will work.

@Mathis_Soenen wrote:

The mods generally are the best folks to review them.  You can store the entire zip file in cloud storage (google drive, drop box, etc).  Then send a private message to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) asking them to take a look.  Include a link to the zip file in the PM - don't post it publicly.  You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 4 of 9
Mathis_Soenen
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks you, i will report it.
Finally, I will check if I can connect my NAS to internet only some minutes.

Best regards.
Message 5 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

You can use a wifi to Ethernet bridge to connect the NAS to the internet.

Message 6 of 9
danielt22187
Initiate

I'm running it this issue as well, can not install apps periord, regardless of internet conection. I've tried multiple ways including downloading and uploading to the Nas and clicking the avalible apps in the ADMIN controler to down load and nothing will install

Message 7 of 9
danielt22187
Initiate

It uploads but never kicks in to install when I atempt to install manualy, this is very frustrating

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@danielt22187 wrote:

It uploads but never kicks in to install when I atempt to install manualy, this is very frustrating

Perhaps also send one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) a private message that includes a downloadable link to your full log zip file, and ask them to review it.   Send a PM via the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.  Don't post the link publicly.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements