× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS 3100 - RAIDiator 4.2.31 - Missing Permissions on one Folder - Get "Element Not Found" applying

lbenioff25
Aspirant

NAS 3100 - RAIDiator 4.2.31 - Missing Permissions on one Folder - Get "Element Not Found" applying

I have a single folder within a share where all the individual files have lost their permissions.  All the folders show the correct permissions.  If I try to edit and save the permissions on a file I get the message UNable to save permission changfes on filename. Elemtn Not Found.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS 3100 - RAIDiator 4.2.31 - Missing Permissions on one Folder - Get "Element Not Found&qu

Did you try resetting them?  Check the box next to the highlighted area on the screenshot, and then click "apply"

reset_permissions.png

Message 2 of 4
lbenioff25
Aspirant

Re: NAS 3100 - RAIDiator 4.2.31 - Missing Permissions on one Folder - Get "Element Not Found&am

Tried that, but it did not make any change.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS 3100 - RAIDiator 4.2.31 - Missing Permissions on one Folder - Get "Element Not Found&am

@lbenioff25 wrote:

Tried that, but it did not make any change.

Did you wait for the background process to complete?

Can you give us some more info on when this problem began?  Is it possible that the network permissions are blocking write access?

Also, can you copy files to/from the share?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements