× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS Utils for Android - RAIDiator 4, 5 and OS 6

doylmi
Guide

NAS Utils for Android - RAIDiator 4, 5 and OS 6

I've added support for OS6 to NAS Utils for Android. You can find it on Google Play or Amazon

Also new this release:

- Manage multiple NAS devices
- Multiple RAIDiator 4.1 fixes
- SSH (via ConnectBot)

Let me know if you have any issues. Feedback is welcome.

Aside from bug fixes, the next release will most likely focus on updating the UI and general user experience. I'm also looking at CPU/Mem/Disk metrics (possibly integrating w/ iStat) and the ability to start/stop services.
Message 1 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Re: NAS Utils for Android updated to support OS6

Latest release is out, with multiple bug fixes and a new UI.
Message 2 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Version 3.1 is out
- Support for the EDA500 expansion
- Fixed SMART+ display for devices with dark themed dialogs
- Fixed issue where logs did not display for certain locales
- Small patches and bug fixes
Message 3 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Version 3.2 is out tonight
- Start, stop and manage running services
- Launch FTP browser
- Status screen improvements (recalibrate fans, volume status, support for bonded interfaces...)
- Small bug fixes and enhancements
Message 4 of 22
euphos
Aspirant

Any reason why this app isn't compatible with GoogleTV devices? Can I side-load it?
Message 5 of 22
doylmi
Guide

euphos wrote:
Any reason why this app isn't compatible with GoogleTV devices? Can I side-load it?

Not sure. It's a small change to the Android manifest for it to show up in the Play store, but I would have to test it out and make sure I'm not using any APIs that are not available on Google TV, and that everything works without a touch screen. One thing I will say, is that I haven't invested much time at this point into how the app looks in landscape mode. So it's definitely not optimized for displaying on a TV from that perspective.

I've logged a ticket for Google TV support: http://bit.ly/KSdgDa. Right now, I'm working on support for iStat, which has been a fairly common request. After that, I can take this up.
Message 6 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Version 3.3 is out
- iStat integration (CPU, Memory and Network utilization stats in real time)
- ReadyDATA support
Message 7 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Re: NAS Utils for Android - now with iStat

@euphos - I've quietly enabled support for Google TV. I had a tough time getting an emulator working, so it's not tested. Try it out and let me know how it goes.
Message 8 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Version 3.3.2 is out
- Better user experience for initial iStat set up
- Small bug fixes and enhancements
Message 9 of 22
doylmi
Guide

doylmi wrote:
@euphos - I've quietly enabled support for Google TV. I had a tough time getting an emulator working, so it's not tested. Try it out and let me know how it goes.

You ever end up giving this a try?
Message 10 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Re: NAS Utils for Android - now with RAIDiator 5 Support

Version 4.0 is out, adding official support for the NV+ v2 and Duo v2 (RAIDiator 5). This release also fixes an issue where Fahrenheit temperatures were not always reported accurately.

http://bit.ly/1aDvkgR
Message 11 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Some users reported issues with NV+/Duo V2 support. Those issues should be rectified after tonight's 4.0.3 release.
Message 12 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Updated today with a few small changes.

- App will now remember most recently used wake-on-lan settings (per device)
- Fixed UPS support for RAIDiator 5 and OS 6
- Small bug fixes
Message 13 of 22
doylmi
Guide

NAS Utils has been added to the Amazon app store for any Kindle users out there, or perhaps simply those who prefer the Amazon store. 🙂

http://amzn.to/1fLZn2y
Message 14 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Updated today to add a button for ReadyDLNA rescan. Also updated the list of available models. Grab it on Google Play for Amazon.
Message 15 of 22
ukbobboy
Luminary

Hi doylmi (Michael)

Installed NAS Utils on my android tablet (O/S 4.2.2) and ran into a bit of difficulty, because I thought the line about "Generic OS4" in the data registration page could not be changed, but now I got it running as intended.

And, I must say, it is a great utility because I can now monitor my ReadyNAS Duo v2 with my tablet from almost anywhere in my home.

Just simply brilliant.

UK Bob
Message 16 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Not a problem. Thanks for the feedback!
Message 17 of 22
doylmi
Guide

Re: NAS Utils for Android - RAIDiator 4, 5 and OS 6

4.1.0 is out today. This release adds support for viewing backup job status, and manually starting backup jobs.

Grab it on Google Play.
Message 18 of 22
doylmi
Guide

4.1.2 is out today, adding support to start and stop your add-ons. Something a lot of folks have asked for.

Grab it on Google Play
Message 19 of 22
doylmi
Guide

A lot of folks have reported success with the legacy Infrant models - so I went ahead and added them to the app. Enjoy! As always, you can grab it on Google Play.
Message 20 of 22
berkut1
Tutor

doylmi wrote:
Updated today to add a button for ReadyDLNA rescan. Also updated the list of available models. Grab it on Google Play for Amazon.

Thanks for writing the application, as I really appreciate being able to check the service status on my tablet and phone.
However, I would like to report a problem with the application's reporting the status of the Network for my ReadyNAS 516.
It reports and eth0 as "undefined" and eth1 as "down" when they are actually Online and Offline respectively.
For comparison, it does report correctly the network status of my ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro.
Message 21 of 22
doylmi
Guide

berkut wrote:

Thanks for writing the application, as I really appreciate being able to check the service status on my tablet and phone.
However, I would like to report a problem with the application's reporting the status of the Network for my ReadyNAS 516.
It reports and eth0 as "undefined" and eth1 as "down" when they are actually Online and Offline respectively.
For comparison, it does report correctly the network status of my ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro.

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting - will definitely look into it.
Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements