× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETWORK readynas 102 stopped to work after firmware update

Cyril_31
Aspirant

NETWORK readynas 102 stopped to work after firmware update

Hello , 

I have a problem with my RN102 model , i logged on my NAS today , and a message informed me that a new firmware was avalable . 

I read very fast the message and decided to upgrade it , so all seems to be done correctly but once the NAS rebooted impossible for me to find it on my local network , impossible to find it with RAIDar_6.5.0 , it seems that the start up is normal but i can't connect to him at all ..

DO you have any idea about my problem ??

Is it possible to flash internal firmware with usb stick BUT without to be log with ID / Password ??

Best regards

Cyril M.

Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: NETWORK readynas 102 stopped to work after firmware update

USB recovery is an option, and does not require you log in.  But I don't think you're there yet -- it's not a "fix all".  What status, if any, does RAIDar show?

Message 2 of 6
Cyril_31
Aspirant

Hello and thanks for your reply , 

RAIDar wrote : 

RAIDar could not find any NETGEAR storage volumes on your network. Verify that your storage volume is turned on and connected to the network. For help, see http://my.netgear.com

Actually my main problem is to "find" the NAS, i cannot connect to him at all ...

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Cyril_31 wrote:

RAIDar could not find any NETGEAR storage volumes on your network.

I'd try power cycling the NAS next.

Message 4 of 6
Cyril_31
Aspirant

I restarted 200 times but nothing changed,

i tried to reset the NAS by using reset switch on the rear panel and select only light "2" ON to restore factory but it can't , LEDS are not flashing as described into some videos ... 

I don't know what i can do more ...

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Cyril_31 wrote:

I restarted 200 times but nothing changed,

i tried to reset the NAS by using reset switch on the rear panel and select only light "2" ON to restore factory but it can't , LEDS are not flashing as described into some videos ... 

Try removing the disks (labeling by slot) and power up.  Then see if RAIDar finds the NAS with a no disks status.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements