× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NZBGet 17.1-1 App build available (Work In Progress)

JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Re: NZBGet 17.1-1 App build available (Work In Progress)

Ok, looking at the Logs, it seems UnRAR was failing.  It wasn't working, it couldn't unpack, and so the download Failed.  I'm not sure why this version doesn't see UnRar on my ReadyNAS 516?   The 16.4 version I had worked just fine.  So SSHing into the NAS, UnRAR is there and it works, the version on it is 0.0.1 which to me seems pretty OLD!   Not sure where it's located.  So what I did was find a copy of it.  That's located here at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm 

Make sure you grab the correct version.  For my 516 with the Intel Processor, I grabbed the "UnRAR Debian amd64" file.  Since it's a DEB file, you can easily install this like any other app without SSHing into the NAS.  It won't show up as a App with the others you have installed,  but it will say it was successfully installed.   This version is 5.21 beta 2 freeware.  So yes, seems much newer.  I didn't have to change any settings with NZBGet 17.1.6.  It just started working like it's suppose to.  I'm not sure on the file if you have a NAS with a ARM processor.

It's downloaded a number of files perfectly for me now.  So problem solved.    If you could enter the full path it might of worked, but I'm not a unix expert and so finding the location?!?!  Not having luck with the find command yet.

Message 26 of 28
Mhynlo
Luminary

I made the unrar-free a dependancy for this package so it would have unrar available for use after install. I did not have much luck with the unrar-free in the past (it may have a lot to the age of that package).

There is a way to get the non-free unrar if you modify the package, and I think I saw you could install the deb files to the ReadyNAS. I can look at these two options and ost instructions to make it easier for others. I did see that NETGEAR finally approved the 17.1-6 app.

Message 27 of 28
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Ya, I was able to install the deb package just fine to get unrar working.  But it was the intel version I beleive which works on my 516.  Not sure if there was a ARM version in deb format or not.  I do know what I installed was free and a lot newer then the one on my NAS that NZBGet didn't seem to see.  

NZBGet is almost worthless if unrar is not working as everything you download will fail.  Nothing will uncompress.  Right now for me,  this 17.1 version has been working pretty good.  Sometimes when doing a download and it fishes, instead of showing Success, I end up with Copy, and so I don't end up with the file.  So I click on it and do a Download again and then it works like it should.  Not sure why it happens, and only does it once in a while.

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements