× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Music, Confirmation, Invites, Remote Upload Case#1846

ColonelPanik
Aspirant

No Music, Confirmation, Invites, Remote Upload

1. Added a mp3 file for slideshow. During slideshow I get an error message saying "Music playback not ready. Please try again later." 2 hours later and a 5 minute mp3 isn't ready. Are there naming conventions or file format/size restrictions I need to know about?

2. Should I have received a confirmation email after setting this up? Maybe this is why I'm having the next problem.
- Unnecessary?

3. Remote upload has the email and ftp fields greyed out. Is this because the registration/confirmation doesn't work? I have no way to upload other than the web ui which is working.

Resolved. Just add a pin and target folder, choose Set and it provides the ftp & email upload info afterward

Not resolved anymore - upload via ftp doesn't work. The photos transfer but never show up in the album. Emails are undeliverable and rejected with "550 Unrouteable address (state 14) error."

4. Invites don't work. I put in an email addy, it acts as if it's sending it and prompts for adding the new contact and nothing ever arrives.

Updated 9:42am 4-29-12
Updated 10:07am 4-29-12
Message 1 of 4
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Tried to setup a 2nd account and a slight variation

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Your email has been blocked: Blocked by Distributed Spam Analysis. (state 18).

Using the first admin account I dont get undeliverable mail, nothing happens. Can't see anything relevant in .RNP2/log/* The accounts and server were set up to use a gmail account. Not sure why the readynas.com spam blocker would stop uploads.

******update 4-30 12:15am
Looks like everything I tried including music, invite and email upload went through with a 12 hour delay. Attempting to add new content results in nothing immediate still. Nothing I attempted with the second test account appears to have worked or been processed. Is this normal?
Message 2 of 4
yoh-dah
Guide

ColonelPanik wrote:
1. Added a mp3 file for slideshow. During slideshow I get an error message saying "Music playback not ready. Please try again later." 2 hours later and a 5 minute mp3 isn't ready. Are there naming conventions or file format/size restrictions I need to know about?

What's the name of your MP3 file? If you're uncomfortable posting publicly, you can PM me the name. If you suspect a possible problem with the name, what if you upload a file with simple characters?

2. Should I have received a confirmation email after setting this up? Maybe this is why I'm having the next problem.
- Unnecessary?

No, usually it shouldn't take more than a minute. The ReadyNAS has to do a little transcoding of the file to incorporate it into the slideshow.

Not resolved anymore - upload via ftp doesn't work. The photos transfer but never show up in the album. Emails are undeliverable and rejected with "550 Unrouteable address (state 14) error."

4. Invites don't work. I put in an email addy, it acts as if it's sending it and prompts for adding the new contact and nothing ever arrives.

Updated 9:42am 4-29-12
Updated 10:07am 4-29-12

PM me your ReadyNAS serial number and the email address of the photographer and one invitation email address so we can look into what's going on.
Message 3 of 4
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Re: No Music, Confirmation, Invites, Remote Upload

Thank for the help Yoh-dah. I'm just going to go with an Apache solution like Zenphoto or Coppermine where I have more control.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements