× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No apps installed or available

cchoate
Aspirant

No apps installed or available

Ever since I updated my Nas firmware to 6.8.0, all my apps dissapeared and the available apps page is blank. I really only use one app - Resilio Sync. I downloaded that app directly from Resilio's website but it would not upload or install to my Nas. I also tried reinstalling the firmware 6.8.0 manually but have the same result. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Brannor
Guide

Re: No apps installed or available

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
khomenkov
Aspirant

Hi!
I have exactly the same problem on the RN104.

Message 2 of 7
cchoate
Aspirant

Ok, I have the solution for this issue. It turns out I did it to myself. My main volume hdd (named data) died and when I replaced it, I named it something else. Coincidentally it happened the same week 6.8.8 came out. I tried many different things but in the end I pulled three of the four drives out of the bays and did a factory reset. The new hdd became the data volume drive and everything worked great after that. 

Just an fyi - After installing the other three drives back in the bays, reboot the NAS. After the reboot, all other drives operated normal with no data loss. 

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@cchoate wrote:

My main volume hdd (named data) died and when I replaced it, I named it something else.

If you destroy the volume that holds the apps, the NAS will migrate them to a different volume - but of course that can only happen if the old volume is working.  

Message 4 of 7
Brannor
Guide

This is a known issue with 6.8.0.

After trying all kinds of things including trying the new beta software (6.81....) that at least allowed me to manually install the software again... I rolled back to 6.7.5 from last year via a factory reset and manual (USB) flash... not what NetGEAR people will recommend and there are lots of warnings... I then manually installed an old version of my apps, and then updated them via the UI.

But from now on, I'm not touching a first-round Firmware (i.e. a .0) ever again.

Message 5 of 7
Brannor
Guide

Message 6 of 7
khomenkov
Aspirant

Thanks, it seems it worked! I found an old hard drive, which the new one pulled out of the repository and returned it back - all the applications appeared. then deleted it through the system. all installed applications were also removed, but the option to install from the application store was returned.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements