× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No volume exists

AvoCarbon
Aspirant

No volume exists

Hello,

I've experienced an unexpected behavior on my RN316 (Firmware 6.10.1). Also, I get a message to "Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk. Disk #1, 2, 3, 5, 6" and also that "No volume exists"if I go to the 'shares' page.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Model: RN31664E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x4TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: No volume exists

There's more than one cause for this, so the troubleshooting can be complicated.  I suggest that using paid support (via my.netgear.com) is the best way to get your volume remounted.  Note in some cases data recovery might be needed (which is expensive): https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

If you have a backup of the system, another approach is to do a factory default, reconfigure the NAS, and restore the data from the backup.  If you go this route, you should test the disks in a Windows PC using vendor tools (Lifeguard for Western Digital; Seatools for Seagate).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

There's more than one cause for this, so the troubleshooting can be complicated.  I suggest that using paid support (via my.netgear.com) is the best way to get your volume remounted.  Note in some cases data recovery might be needed (which is expensive): https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

If you have a backup of the system, another approach is to do a factory default, reconfigure the NAS, and restore the data from the backup.  If you go this route, you should test the disks in a Windows PC using vendor tools (Lifeguard for Western Digital; Seatools for Seagate).

Message 2 of 6
AvoCarbon
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply @StephenB  will perform as you said.

I have one more question with you, Sometimes my NAS web console not connicting but at the same time i can access my shared folder. The issue resolved after force shutdown, Could you explin why it`s happening and any solution.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@AvoCarbon wrote:

I have one more question with you, Sometimes my NAS web console not connecting but at the same time i can access my shared folder. The issue resolved after force shutdown, Could you explain why it`s happening and any solution.

You shouldn't be able to access shared folders now - is that correct?

One aspect here is that the web UI runs at a lower priority than other services.  So if the NAS is busy, it might fail to connect.

However, there are other causes here - sometimes the NAS OS partition gets full, and that can interfere with a variety of services (including the web ui).  It's also conceivable that the apache web server built into the NAS crashed.

Paid support should check into this when they investigate your main problem.

Message 4 of 6
AvoCarbon
Aspirant

@StephenB  any tips to do the things by ourself without go for paid support for this issue.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@AvoCarbon wrote:

@StephenB  any tips to do the things by ourself without go for paid support for this issue.

It's not something I've ever needed to troubleshoot myself, so unfortunately I can't offer any advice.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements