× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OneDrive backup with readynas

OneDrive backup with readynas

Has anyone tried the linux package on the backend for readynas to do syncing with ONEDRIVE.  I am very interested in using my storage with ONEDRIVE to sync with my READYNAS...

Please help... 

Please call me...

John

858-922-9552

Message 1 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: OneDrive backup with readynas

Hello johnyoung858,

It appears there is no ReadyNAS app for this OneDrive yet.

You may also post suggestions and ideas at Idea Exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
TJJ
Initiate
Initiate

There might not be a Linux SDK but there is a Python SDK

https://github.com/onedrive/onedrive-sdk-python

Message 3 of 14

Hello

any chance I could pay you to help me install on my system with teamviewer or something

john

858-922-9552

Message 4 of 14

Hello,

I would very much like to pay/hire you to help me get this installed..

please call me on my cell

john

858-922-9552

Message 5 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi johnyoung858,

This cloud service from Microsoft is still not supported by ReadyNAS. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 14
nzmike99
Initiate

Any update on this?????  I am ready to lay out the $$$ to buy a NAS drive and I really like the look and feel of the RN202 but for me it is critical my NAS can push updated files to OneDrive as I have 2TB up there to use as an offsite/cloud backup.

Everyone else does this (Asustor, QNAP, SYnology to name a few) to I cannot understand why Netgear has never provided this - it's now the single most used cloud based service, *especially* for business!!!

Message 7 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nzmike99,

There are no updates on this request since there's still no LINUX API from Microsoft. Check this link for more information.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 14
nzmike99
Initiate

Ok, thanks. I don't know how the other main NAS manufacturers manage to provide this as I'm almost 100% sure most of their interfaces are Linux based - but I could be wrong.  Think I'll get an Asustor or a Synology as they both have this functionality but I liked the fact the RN202 supports BTRFS and has a good all round spec.

Message 9 of 14
Kezooz
Star

Has anyone got any news about OneDrive app being added for ReadyNAS?

Message 10 of 14
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kezooz,

Based on the description of the issue that you have provided, I may need to check this with others who can probably assist you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kezooz,

I am afraid that we do not have any news about the OneDrive app for ReadyNAS. Would be best if you have this posted on the Idea Exchange of ReadyNAS if in case you have not done so yet.

Garnering kudos for this should call the development team's attention.

Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS

Regards,

Message 12 of 14
Kezooz
Star

Hi @FramerV. thanks for your reply. I have already posted on the Idea Exchange of ReadyNAS.

When you refer to the development team, is that the team from Netgear/ReadyNAS or the NETGEAR Community Team?

Apart from playing the waiting game, what else can I do to get an app of OneDrive happening for ReadyNAS?

Message 13 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well your other options would be to reach out to community developers or if you have the skills perhaps even try writing your own app.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements