× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Option for user-defined folder?

Windza1
Aspirant

Option for user-defined folder?

First off - kudos to NetGear for this release... very nice (and unusual) to see such an increase in functionality that's free of charge!

I'm looking forward to setting up RNP2 for a variety of purposes but wasn't sure about a few things... maybe I'm missing a config option somewhere, but is there anywhere to specify a folder stored elsewhere on the NAS to use as an album?
This would seem an obvious choice for a great deal of people already using the NAS for photographic assets. I've currently got some 50,000 images already organised (and stored on the NAS) in folders that I'd love to share via RN2P without having to copy elsewhere... am I missing something?
Message 1 of 5
Windza1
Aspirant

Re: Option for user-defined folder?

Well that was a noob post... just found the 'Photographer Menu' and 'Prepare to import from this readynas'... sweeeeet
Message 2 of 5
adb1
Aspirant

Windza wrote:
Well that was a noob post... just found the 'Photographer Menu' and 'Prepare to import from this readynas'... sweeeeet

Be aware that this copies the images and makes about 6 different sizes. Also, it takes 5-6 seconds per photo, so set it going before you go to bed 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Dashu
Aspirant

Would that work like a watch folder, importing when new images is uploaded to folder?
Or do one need to keep running this import command every time new images are transferred with say ftp?
Message 4 of 5
yoh-dah
Guide

Dashu wrote:
Would that work like a watch folder, importing when new images is uploaded to folder?
Or do one need to keep running this import command every time new images are transferred with say ftp?

We don't have the capability to watch a folder, so you will have to manually import or upload the photos.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements